vurt - pagan dada electronica. 36.34.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote: ↑Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:03 pm
vurt wrote: ↑Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:52 pm yup, like i said, wouldnt expect anyone here to think its easy.
id be interested what youd like to see wags, as someone who has always been interested in whats going on, even when you dont necessarily like the audio :)
Well, I'm personally fascinated by the process. The journey from beginning to end. Every patch chord, every connection, every sound that every change makes, even the ones that end up causing absolute chaos. The end result is actually the least interesting part of the process. Sure, I want to know what all that work ultimately produces but I'm more interested in how you got there.
cool thanks 8)
im sure i can do at least a few of those then, even if only one person is interested its worth it :)
and im sure there will be chaos :hihi:

vurt wrote: ↑Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:06 pm
wagtunes wrote: ↑Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:03 pm
vurt wrote: ↑Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:52 pm yup, like i said, wouldnt expect anyone here to think its easy.
id be interested what youd like to see wags, as someone who has always been interested in whats going on, even when you dont necessarily like the audio :)
Well, I'm personally fascinated by the process. The journey from beginning to end. Every patch chord, every connection, every sound that every change makes, even the ones that end up causing absolute chaos. The end result is actually the least interesting part of the process. Sure, I want to know what all that work ultimately produces but I'm more interested in how you got there.
cool thanks 8)
im sure i can do at least a few of those then, even if only one person is interested its worth it :)
and im sure there will be chaos :hihi:
I'm looking forward to it.

Something like this, except you don't have to go through the explanations. I'll know what you're doing. Maybe a label over each module, in case I can't determine what they are. It's sometimes difficult depending on how big the video is. And of course, oddball modules make it that much more difficult.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcbLEU4tu_Y

Mayfair 362 please

wagtunes wrote: ↑Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:12 pm Something like this, except you don't have to go through the explanations. I'll know what you're doing. Maybe a label over each module, in case I can't determine what they are. It's sometimes difficult depending on how big the video is. And of course, oddball modules make it that much more difficult.

i will look in to that for prerecorded, but not sure its possible live.
im not looking to do explaining n stuff, plenty of people doing that and im not a teacher. not teaching anyone to do anything :o
just showing me in "action" :hihi:

this may change, dont know, never really done video, so just seeing what is possible, might be total shite :lol:

AnX wrote: ↑Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:46 pm Mayfair 362 please

just putting you through :)

vurt wrote: ↑Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:56 pm
wagtunes wrote: ↑Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:12 pm Something like this, except you don't have to go through the explanations. I'll know what you're doing. Maybe a label over each module, in case I can't determine what they are. It's sometimes difficult depending on how big the video is. And of course, oddball modules make it that much more difficult.

i will look in to that for prerecorded, but not sure its possible live.
im not looking to do explaining n stuff, plenty of people doing that and im not a teacher. not teaching anyone to do anything :o
just showing me in "action" :hihi:

this may change, dont know, never really done video, so just seeing what is possible, might be total shite :lol:
Even just a "I'm sticking this cable into my Dorknurker 212 right now" would be fine.

I've been missing this one. R2D2 finds an android scrapyard and throws a party. I would like to see you putting together a patch from scratch then adapting it. With modular synthesis especially, the process is the fun.

i agree with wagtunes, and erisian, the whole process. i like too watch.. i am very interested how other people work, even it is with stuff i don't have, i learn from it, and it is just also fun!

While I haven't had time to listen to this properly yet, I like the idea of the vurt-ish videos.
You should consider using sock puppets on your hands I think, though that might interfere
with modular operations. You know, when all we can see is your hands, I would like to see
sock puppets (or other puppets, maybe action figures would work).

Not that you need to cover your hands or anything (afaik).
*No meat puppets btw, I feel the need to close the door on that one straight away.

*I like it! Before getting into modular I wouldn't have expected to find those R2D2 type sounds
in low freq oscillations. That's how it is for my stuff anyway. :tu:

vurt wrote: ↑Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:41 pm
WasteLand wrote: ↑Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:21 pm
vurt wrote: ↑Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:00 pm @dave!
i should have also said, im hoping to borrow a video camera this weekend, so hopefully will be able to show what i do in real time :D
nice!
you say that now, when you see its mostly smoking the pipe and trying to stop the cat chewing cables you may change your mind :hihi:
I'm interested. It could be great or it could be a clusterfuck or it could be both. :hihi:
I would say take a little time to set the camera frame. We want your personality [your face] but also your patching. It might be difficult to capture both in one shot.
Hmm don't think too much, just start filming and see what works.
And don't edit out the fuckups, feature them.
vurt wrote: ↑Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:41 pm pre built patch then livestream a noodle?
livestream with smoke
vurt wrote: ↑Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:41 pm can at least start somewhere listenable and see what happens :hihi:

i will also do some edited stuff, with recordings as normal. but i like the idea of showing the process, warts and all.
showing mistakes and such may help people realise its not as easy as just plugging everything in and it works.
not that i imagine anyone here thinks that way, most have experience with synths of one sort or another, but i do have friends and family who are stuck in that "anyone can do it if theyve got that machine, the machine does the wotk".

they get this idea because if they drop by while im patching, it does indeed continue playing without me :hihi:
just start filming. explain what you are doing in realtime if you feel you need to, or not.
recording your voice and music together might be challenging. or it might not.
just start any way at all, don't overthink, just throw yourself into it.
do it! :hyper:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

I like the panning. At first I thought it's like I'm in a busy office...a busy alien office. And then it sounds like the office is getting consumed...slowly...by something large and kind of soft. :D
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

Return to β€œMusic Cafe”