[Trance] - "Don't Wake Me Up" - Dj Voltans

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/djvoltans/dont-wake-me-up

A new Trance track that I just finished up. "Don't Wake Me Up".
I started it yesterday and finished it today. I mastered it with my own mastering patch to get that sound.
Might still need some smaller tweaks, but I got it close to my goal.

Enjoy!
Last edited by deep'n'dark on Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

its a good, solid, "safe" trance track. i enjoyed
it all the way through. the mix was ok, if not a
little harsh in the highs. and slightly quiet mids.
the bass was nice and tight. all visable in this
freq spectrum image.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Hey Dj Voltans

nice track, I enjoyed listening. Layzer has already menitoned it - the spektrum could be a bit more blanced towards the high end. I bet half of the stuff up from 13Khz I cannot hear anyways ... but it will jam your waveform with "energy" and will drive compressores etc. pp. I did actually a test against my ears and result is: I can completely remove everyhting above 14Khz, it has no meaning to my ears ;-) But that could be my older ears.

For the genre - I don't think this is really genuinely trance. It's synth pop! And I like this synth pop track. Well done!

Hey big thanks! I just uploaded a new version. I took the hihat highs down a bit. I also re-recorded the rap-lines. I managed to get less accent in the raps. As of the genre, I quess it's a bit trancey anyway, even though maybe you're right about it being more of a synth popish thing. The sound is a bit over-highed indeed, but I don't want to take them down too much as then the track doesn't so called 'deliver' so well. But hey, I have listened to your feedback and done a bit adjustments still based on your feedback. Cheers!

I think this would work any dance floor. Enjoyable. :tu:

FWIW, I think the highs are too crispy even after the adjustments.

Frantz wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:38 pm I think this would work any dance floor. Enjoyable. :tu:

FWIW, I think the highs are too crispy even after the adjustments.
Thanks! I might bring the overall highs down even more. Gotta do that tomorrow though, not today. Cheers!

Return to “Music Cafe”