Contest: Aug ”Gossip”

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Talking of industrial machinery, my old employer had contracts for maintenance in several print works, and there was one place that had dozens of presses, folders and magazine binders. Once in approximately every 25 minutes there would be a surreal moment when every single machine was in sync. I was always wanting to find a way to record it, but never did :cry:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Listened the "traditional 'murder ballad' dating back to 1638" by offthewall. Now that is natural music, quite a contrast to the clean, perfect and dead output from a DAW\midi files\vst instruments production. Might there exist free vst plugins for artificial naturalization of the said DMI production?

Then we could do clean, perfect and dead fake natural music...

@softegg:

The link to your music at aug contest doesn't play in linux browser firefox, nor the file on audacity, vlc

harvon wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:10 am @softegg:

The link to your music at aug contest doesn't play in linux browser firefox, nor the file on audacity, vlc
To make it play on the KVR page change the end of the Dropbox wav link from dl=1 to raw=1
Plays in Firefox here on Ubuntu Mate.
TechIt
Last edited by The Noodlist on Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Thanks Noodlist and Harvon for catching my mistake! Changed the link us suggested, so now hopefully it works.
Qw, music from twelve weeks in quarantine is now streaming on spotify and bandcamp. This is a collaboration with the the smallest of worlds VR art project, that documents our living spaces in times of isolation. You can join their project here.

Yes, it plays now.

I might actually have something this month. Something way out of my comfort zone, so don't hold your (collective) breath :-o
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

...yeah, got nothin but a sketch w/ GTRs & drums
just moved in & my keys aren't in the studio space yet - completely akimbo atm
peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

I have an idea, lacklustre vocal and lyrics. Chasng my tail on mixing this one, nothing new.
I don't wanna sing :cry: , but it makes the difference between a tune and a song.

15 mins to come up with spontaneous music, 30 mins lyrics after humming a melody and converting it to words, and an eternity tweaking. :cry:
Last edited by The Noodlist on Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

holy crap!
i should have something, by tomorrow.
not last minute as usual :o

something has gone weird :ud:

Clutching at straws, I started messing with a cover of Wicked games, vocal range decimated with cigs and can't work EZ Drummer brushes :cry: Brushes look like another expansion.
My, it's slow.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Noodlist wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:35 pm vocal range decimated with cigs
Embrace the rasping, it's good. Soon I'll be releasing a whole album of of coughing in the Bob Fleming stylee..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoufWpddk_A

donkey tugger wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:55 pm
Embrace the rasping, it's good. Soon I'll be releasing a whole album of of coughing in the Bob Fleming stylee..

:hihi:
Stopped smoking 4 years ago, damage done.

donkey tugger wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:55 pm

Reminds me I was going to suggest "Silly" as next month's theme. How about it?

Wrote a Style Council inspired song for this month quickly a couple of weeks ago, but lost interest since it came out a bit boring and I can't think of a way to improve it (saxophone solo, maybe?). Might just go for the boring version.

skipscada wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:28 pm Wrote a Style Council inspired song for this month quickly a couple of weeks ago, but lost interest since it came out a bit boring and I can't think of a way to improve it (saxophone solo, maybe?). Might just go for the boring version.
Look forward to hearing it, a Weller fan here.

Return to “Music Cafe”