vurt - a bowl of grains or ... (ambient/tibetan bowl solo!)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

grains of a bowl.

received a beautiful tibetan singing bowl from my even more beautiful granddaughter :D (i think her dad did the actual paying and stuff).
and had some lovely fun with it tonight :wheee:

great for meditation :ud:
Screenshot_2021-03-21-21-33-10-908~2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vurt wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:36 pm grains of a bowl.

received a beautiful tibetan singing bowl from my even more beautiful granddaughter :D (i think her dad did the actual paying and stuff).

Your granddaughter (and her dad) is an angel. I was deep in the shining void for the duration of this.

Erisian wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:44 pm
vurt wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:36 pm grains of a bowl.

Your granddaughter (and her dad) is an angel. I was deep in the shining void for the duration of this.
she is indeed an angel 💜💜💜

I imagine I'm sitting on top of Himalaya and listening to the wind singing on the mountains slopes and in the cavities.

One of your best works. Really amazing sonic journey, the whole thing is worth the time.

"Deep in the shining void" indeed. Beautiful.

Best regards,

dp

hi :hail: "noisemaster" vurt!

interesting sounding work - like everytime. how the hell do you do this? unveil the secret! ... please! 8)

following some further "thoughts" which came to my mind:
what i really like:
- beautiful timbres with very beautiful transitions
- unused fresh sound

things that in my opinion could be further developed:
- tone color alone (over a long time) does not create a structure that can be quickly grasped; maybe adding some "sections" with other sound material would help the listener
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

Had to do a bunch of skipping through but really liked the sounds and overall vibe of this. I don't know what you're doing but keep doing whatever it is.

Sorry it took me so long to get to this. Okay, I gotta know. How exactly did you process this? Details, details. LOL

Seriously, I want to see if I can do something similar virtually.

markkuja wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:40 pm I imagine I'm sitting on top of Himalaya and listening to the wind singing on the mountains slopes and in the cavities.

nice 8)

StudioDave wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:11 pm One of your best works. Really amazing sonic journey, the whole thing is worth the time.

"Deep in the shining void" indeed. Beautiful.

Best regards,

dp
that good! :o not bad for 30 seconds of bowl excitation! :hihi:

thanks for listening :)

tomtom1 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:10 am hi :hail: "noisemaster" vurt!

interesting sounding work - like everytime. how the hell do you do this? unveil the secret! ... please! 8)

following some further "thoughts" which came to my mind:
what i really like:
- beautiful timbres with very beautiful transitions
- unused fresh sound

things that in my opinion could be further developed:
- tone color alone (over a long time) does not create a structure that can be quickly grasped; maybe adding some "sections" with other sound material would help the listener
adding sections, this particular piece was made with nice long mediations in mind :)
also, it's not the easiest instrument to coax a variety of timbres from*, it is really just a 30 sec or so sample of me playing the bowl.

* or at least "in this configuration and live i was limited, changing things around, repatching the modular, has given a good deal more since :hihi:"

the next steps, will be repeats of the same processes...
take samples from the recordings.
load in to granular sampler, through various granular fx again (or maybe less granular seeing as that bit is done) and build up from there.
as there is already a good deal of variation in the timbres it will make building a more varying recording :)

hope that helps explain the secrets :lol:

guitarmiester wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:39 pm Had to do a bunch of skipping through but really liked the sounds and overall vibe of this. I don't know what you're doing but keep doing whatever it is.
i shall :)
there's very little else i can do :hihi:

wagtunes wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:57 pm Sorry it took me so long to get to this. Okay, I gotta know. How exactly did you process this? Details, details. LOL

ill do my best to be specific
that bowl, played and recorded badly using my phone to record.
(didn't fancy trying to operate the modular and play the bowl at the same time)

that sample, played back from my phone, in to morphagene, then a sort of metallic verb to smooth out the choppy grain bits a little...
before feeding in to two more granular samplers (clouds) triggering and freezing at various times and tweaking a lot of knobs :D

thanks for listening 8)

vurt wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:41 pm
wagtunes wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:57 pm Sorry it took me so long to get to this. Okay, I gotta know. How exactly did you process this? Details, details. LOL

ill do my best to be specific
that bowl, played and recorded badly using my phone to record.
(didn't fancy trying to operate the modular and play the bowl at the same time)

that sample, played back from my phone, in to morphagene, then a sort of metallic verb to smooth out the choppy grain bits a little...
before feeding in to two more granular samplers (clouds) triggering and freezing at various times and tweaking a lot of knobs :D

thanks for listening 8)
Got it. I think. :help:

wagtunes wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:52 pm
Got it. I think. :help:
morphagene is the big issue, i know of nothing the same in software land.
well, your host :lol:
it's basically a loop recorder with granular functions (it's a digital tape deck with slicing and suchlike).
you could probably use a granular sampler from reaktor eg, in its place.
or in blocks, toybox did a sample module that almost works the same.

then clouds, one was using the 1st algorithm the other (supercell in my rack, but it is clouds just with extra knobs really) was on the 4th.

Return to “Music Cafe”