raw like sushi [ancient DnB]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ChameleonMusic wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:16 am That is no D&B track dude...that is straight outta 1993 Hardcore Jungle! :)

Love all the little catchy melodic motifs in there and the way everything is rhythmically synced together.

All it needs now is someone to freestyle 'spit some bars' over it! :borg: :ud: :oops:
heh? what? no DnB? - i never get the differences. but i don't listen to DnB or jungle either ...
i thought jungle is more with "ragga" elements? ... 1993... oh okay total up-to date :hihi:
thanks for listening.
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

tomtom1 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:39 am i never get the differences.
Well hush your acid tongue! :) I'm totally dumbfounded! :) :borg:
tomtom1 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:39 am i thought jungle is more with "ragga" elements?
Your is more Hardcore Jungle for me....Ragga Jungle was a later sub-genre around 94 onwards...there are sooooooooooooooooo many sub-genres to Jungle that it gets very silly! :)

Total generalizations:

Jungle is generally much more influenced by Reggae, Dub and Ragga than D&B

Jungle has much more fluid and complex rhythms.

Bass, drums and percussion are generally less tightly knit together as one unit in Jungle...slightly more rhythmic freedom between them although still synced to some extent, obviously.
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

why did the lion get lost?

cos jungle (is) massive!

ChameleonMusic wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:21 pm
tomtom1 wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:39 am
i never get the differences.

well, cheeky people would now claim that there is no difference at all :P
luckily i'm not one of them.

you produced DnB back in the 90s, didn't you? at least i read this somewhere. can we listen to something, somewhere?

btw. did you notice something really "bad" in my mix? - the old breaks are a bit hard to handle, at least for me...
myself in 2022

vurt wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:32 pm why did the lion get lost?

cos jungle (is) massive!
i didn't get the joke... i think; jungle insider joke? but i left a thumbs up... at least... :)
myself in 2022

tomtom1 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:55 pm
tomtom1 wrote:

you produced DnB back in the 90s, didn't you? at least i read this somewhere. can we listen to something, somewhere?

btw. did you notice something really "bad" in my mix? - the old breaks are a bit hard to handle, at least for me...
well, jungle was raw samples, whereas dnb became more refined and fluid, but dnb did grow out of jungle.
i think, original jungle was more about turntables, fx and mc.
dnb was using more up-to-date samplers, often incorporating live bass along side the sampled beats,but was more chill out friendly, whereas jungle was "booyaka booyaka Inna jungle massive!!!" shouted and more frenetic dance moves.
both were pretty damn great to experience through those years, although it's never been something ive tried, i did used to love the atmosphere :)

(generalized opinion of course)

and no, i personally didn't notice any errors, it had the right frenetic energy and groove :tu:

it was a shite joke and i do apologise :hihi:

Nice job. Lots of energy and you managed to squeeze a lot of action into 4 minutes. I just finished listening to Eat Static's "Hallucinate" earlier, and this was a great piece of music to follow that with.

Good work :)

tomtom1 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:55 pm
tomtom1 wrote:

I think I still have some of my old ambient, jazzy jungle / D&B somewhere... I'll see if I can find them.

Mix is pretty balanced for me...suits the material.
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

vurt wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:08 pm whereas jungle was "booyaka booyaka Inna jungle massive!!!" shouted and more frenetic dance moves.
both were pretty damn great to experience through those years,
:D btw. it is impressive that all important dance-music of the 90s (jungle, dnb, big beat) were coming from uk. don't know, why it is that way...
vurt wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:08 pm it was a shite joke and i do apologise
ah. no problem and not necessary... maybe some weed involved? :)
myself in 2022

seismic1 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:39 pm Nice job. Lots of energy and you managed to squeeze a lot of action into 4 minutes. I just finished listening to Eat Static's "Hallucinate" earlier, and this was a great piece of music to follow that with.

Good work :)
hi thanks for listening and the comment. hallucinate... seems to be agood track title :)
myself in 2022

ChameleonMusic wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:39 pm I think I still have some of my old ambient, jazzy jungle / D&B somewhere... I'll see if I can find them.
but only if it arises ... (hope it is correct english :) )
ChameleonMusic wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:39 pm Mix is pretty balanced for me...suits the material.
this brings up a question (by accident), i will ask it, if you don't want to answer, it's ok.
... i know you are older than me, not the youngest anymore (but still fresh :) ). how do you handle hearing loss ? is it a problem (maybe some frequencies)? or not? ... i am asking because a lot of my classical collegues (almost everyone, me too) has a slight issue. some a little "noise", a tone, some a litte dip in the "high end" etc.
myself in 2022

tomtom1 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:33 pm
ChameleonMusic wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:39 pm I think I still have some of my old ambient, jazzy jungle / D&B somewhere... I'll see if I can find them.
but only if it arises ... (hope it is correct english :) )
ChameleonMusic wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:39 pm Mix is pretty balanced for me...suits the material.
this brings up a question (by accident), i will ask it, if you don't want to answer, it's ok.
... i know you are older than me, not the youngest anymore (but still fresh :) ). how do you handle hearing loss ? is it a problem (maybe some frequencies)? or not? ... i am asking because a lot of my classical collegues (almost everyone, me too) has a slight issue. some a little "noise", a tone, some a litte dip in the "high end" etc.
Hearing loss (approaching 60) - Mine is not too bad so far, but there is the normal high frequency slippage...rarely can I hear bats any more etc etc.

What do I do to compensate:

1) Use benchmark tracks for comparison - ones I know are well mixed.

2) I have a little 'look' as well as a listen just to make sure - frequency spectrum analysis! :)

3) I double-check with people I trust who are younger than me and still have those high frequencies in place! :)

... error post ... :bang:
myself in 2022

ChameleonMusic wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:55 pm What do I do to compensate:

1) Use benchmark tracks for comparison - ones I know are well mixed.

2) I have a little 'look' as well as a listen just to make sure - frequency spectrum analysis! :)

3) I double-check with people I trust who are younger than me and still have those high frequencies in place!
i saw, i discovered by accident, that i never answered your reply... but that brings up another question.

man, WHERE are you?? :)
myself in 2022

tomtom1,
Thank you for the review! Now your song: is that a drum loop (that starts the song)? Nice drum loop, if that's what it is? This song reminds me of Prodigy, with no singing vocals (a compliment). Nice synths! Perhaps you use u-he also? Naughty ending, ha ha. Sounds very good!
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Return to “Music Cafe”