Dissolve (Seismic Ambient Repast Rehabilitation)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

frank1985 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:07 pm Nice mix as usual...I like the slightly sinister undertones.
Thanks very much for listening and commenting, frank. Glad you liked it. :)

Sinister is good :D

Very nice.

I like the unresolved nature of this tune, make its darker and less predictable.

Different from other work of yours that I have heard, more soundtrack oriented.

Leaves a nice brooding feeling of the Unforscene....

markkuja wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:15 am Good job on the new mix. It is clearer and the instrument sounds stand out better from each other.
I agree. I think the new mix is better than the original. Thanks very much for taking another listen and commenting, markku :tu:

PatchAdamz wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:09 am Very nice.

I like the unresolved nature of this tune, make its darker and less predictable.

Different from other work of yours that I have heard, more soundtrack oriented.

Leaves a nice brooding feeling of the Unforscene....
I agree. It features less elements associated with song-type composition, and is focused more on sonic qualities than is usual for me.

Thanks very much for listening and commenting, PatchAdamz. Glad you liked it :)

"Dissolve2/Liquify"

Couple of listens...not sure whether I feel more chilled now or slightly freaked out...maybe a bit of both! :)

That genius main motif is firmly inside my head and will probably remain there for bloody hours...thank you! :)

Very effective, dark, soundscape!

I wanted it to rise and fall even further with even more layers at its peak, but that's probably just me as I almost always want that!

Seriously - I did wonder whether the 3D soundstage could be expanded just a tad? Not sure?
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

A dark one for sure. Nice.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

ChameleonMusic wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:21 pm "Dissolve2/Liquify"

Couple of listens...not sure whether I feel more chilled now or slightly freaked out...maybe a bit of both! :)
Keep 'em confused. I've taken a leaf out of the politician's playbook :wink:
ChameleonMusic wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:21 pm That genius main motif is firmly inside my head and will probably remain there for bloody hours...thank you! :)

I threw that melody into the DAW (MuLAB) with no intention of producing something memorable. This was my first session with a new DAW and I was just trying to see how it worked. After 30 minutes or so I realised that something odd was happening, and an idea formed based around a combination of smeared arpeggiations and reclaimed gravy.
ChameleonMusic wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:21 pm Very effective, dark, soundscape!

I wanted it to rise and fall even further with even more layers at its peak, but that's probably just me as I almost always want that!

Seriously - I did wonder whether the 3D soundstage could be expanded just a tad? Not sure?
I made some changes to the placement of the three piano tracks relative to the initial version. These changes seemed to add depth to the mix. I also changed the Supermassive settings to use added pre-delay which helped a little, but I may try adding some B2 (or Aether) in conjunction with SM. I might even get away with it :wink:

Thanks very much for listening, and for the comments, Mark. Glad you enjoyed it :)

CrystalWizard wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:23 am A dark one for sure. Nice.
Yeah. It begins in a gloomy manner, and slowly, things take a turn for the worse :wink:

Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and comment, CW. Glad you liked it :)

Return to “Music Cafe”