He lived longer [raw version]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

opiadream wrote:enjoyed the ride 8)
8)

All I can think of is David lynch's
"Easerhead". Some biomechanical sounds bouncing around. great sountrack to some strange avant guard film. Cool :)

8)

Thanks bruce :)

8) Super dooper chilled 8)

What induced this mr mystahr? not the usual electronic minefield? :hihi: :oops: :roll: :P

jim

Hmmm, what incited this....

Well I was working on the 4FEAR contest and I liked the sounds so much that I wanted to do an extended version of it. I was also quite mashed and played all of the lines almost in one go live. And I guess as Soniccat said, there is a cinematic feel to this as after my Live CD project I want to have a go at scoring a video or tv-series or something. :oops:

Minefields eh :hihi:

strange tune, indeed mark. some bits seemed rather loud, or it may be I'm tired and fixing to nod off.
anyway, shall listen again with fresh ears in the morning.

Some parts could be louder as this was one-take recordings without editing the midi-notes this time :oops:

Listening to yours now :love:

Another one of those songs that’s been lying around my hard drive, being liked & played by me but which I didn’t find the time to comment on yet. So under the banner of better late than never… here it goes:

The first few minutes are pure, dark, minimal abstract emptiness. Though the basic emptiness remains as empty as it ever was the void gets neighbours (=other sounds) that both complement and hide the emptiness. The interaction between the sounds is very nice. When I close my eyes I am in this emptiness, it’s dark but yet it’s light enough to see that it’s dark and vast! :love: The noise bursts that come in from time are like small, monochromic disturbances in the other wise calm and peaceful, yet intimidating vastness. It makes for a pleasant spectacle. I think those disturbances could have been more interesting if they were panned more and had different volumes so they would appear at different directions & distances on “the horizon” (though I am not really seeing a horizon since it’s a void that I find myself in).

I can very well imagine that this song would have been used around Underworld’s skym. Starting with He who lived longer flowing into Skym and flowing back into your song again. It has a similar sense of twilight & shimmering to it. Very, very nice! It’s also reminiscent of Björk’s headphones though you (obviously) have your own style & identity.

I have trouble really saying something about this song cause it is so abstract but I do like it big huge lot. And has been listened to multiple times a day for the last week.

Thanks for sharing & keep it up with your good work / productivity!

Ps. Is this song about penguins? …never mind that question.
~leave through a door.~
http://www.eretsua.com

like austere, been listening but haven't had time to comment on postings of late.

this one starts off sounding like your ears are being torn off, repeatedly :shock: - truly disturbing. a previous comment in the thread by soniccat mentioned eraserhead, i agree and i believe it's to do with the constant pad lying below, though intriguingly its horror becomes rather calming by the end as if endomorphines have kicked in to deal with the ear tearing at the beginning - just my impression mind :!:

regards

You honor me big time with your compliments here austere :oops:

Bjork and Underworld 8)

And as a matter of fact, penguins somehow are connected in a very strange way, which would be too long a story to fill in here. :o

@ knockman :oops: 8)

Hope your ears are still on :-o

PS the constant pad you talk about is feedback only from spectrumworx 8)

Mystahr wrote:You honor me big time with your compliments here austere :oops:

Bjork and Underworld 8)
Honours given where honours due. and you deserve it. :D
Mystahr wrote:And as a matter of fact, penguins somehow are connected in a very strange way, which would be too long a story to fill in here. :o
I knew it, I knew it, I knew, I knew it!!! :nutter:

I understand you can not go telling about the involvement of the penguins but … oh well. Hush, hush, nudge, nudge, wink, wink. 8)
~leave through a door.~
http://www.eretsua.com

Mystahr – he lived longer – excellent keyboard and guitar noodlings. Kinda reminded me of a winter theme- could just picture the snow coming down heavily on a grey day…
toujours humectez la mouture. toujours.

:D

btw; it's not a guitar, it's the Claw synth that you are hearing :)

cool :oops:
toujours humectez la mouture. toujours.

Return to “Music Cafe”