experiment with a limited scope

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm editing the topic.

This was an experiment to come close to aphex twin's sound.

http://home.comcast.net/~t.uz/jomsosu.mp3

you may call it blinkered bullshit if you would like. feedback is appreciated.
Last edited by tuz on Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

just trying to see if I could do it or not. feedback anyone? please? I didn't mean for it to suck so bad.

thank you

tuz
Last edited by tuz on Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for this. I don't know much about authechre, but what from what I do know, this sounds similar. The feedback I might offer (subjectively):

the intital vocal effect is cool, yet somehow it feels to "raw" I might douse the sample in reverb before I chopped it up so that it didn;t sound quite so "just recorded"

The rythmic section was cool and more of it with more permutations would be great, as the high buzzy line, while nice, in solo, is a little long without more variation.

Hope that provides food for thought. Again, I always hesitate to give feedback because I could not have done what you just made and it sounded very interesting, so please don't take my feedback too seriously :)
..what goes around comes around..

thank you ouroboros, I really appreciate you taking the time. next time, I'll keep in mind what you said and try to come up with something better. very helpful.

thank you

one day I will have chosen my direction... hopefully it won't be left or right...

I like it! :D Maybe space the beats in the intro with 4 blank measures inbetween, and THEN keep them constant for a good portion? And you can throw in midgets vomiting and George Bush ala Max Headroom in there as well. ;) But love that organ sound you got going there. Definately has potential! :D

Return to “Music Cafe”