Welcome to the Hollow Sun KVR forum

Archived support for: hollowsun.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Novachord sounds great! I'm really excited about this release.

I have a question though. Are you still using Antares Infinity? I found it uniquely useful my os9 mac died though. I'm not sure I want to search out Ebay - if still even have the disks!

I would love to hear about the process used to edit samples. You must be quite efficient. I'm sure I could pick up some tips. Thanks.

I still have Antares but my OS9 has been kind of non-functional for a while. It's installed here and I could boot into it but it still had the dimensions for my old 21" CRT in its monitor settings and barfed when it detected my new 23" LCD monitor's setting ... so it was running but I couldn't see a bloody thing! Unfortunately, Antares didn't work in the OS9 emulation thingy ... and besides, I've lost that since going to 10.5 so I haven't used Infinity in ages!

I miss it sometimes for certain types of sounds but I currently use DSP-Quattro as my main editor and I find that is very good for looping - it has some good tools. I have Bias Peak as well and that has some good tools. And to be honest, I often use my trusty old Akai S5000 for looping!! But often a mixture of all three - it all depends on circumstances really.

As for 'efficiency' ... well, it's what I do all day, every day and have done so since - what - 1984 (jeeez - there's a thought!!!) so I am pretty adept at it now. But it's like anything one does repeatedly whether it's playing guitar or piano or typing or accountancy, whatever - a lot of it just becomes second nature. I mean, I can just look at a waveform overview and know (roughly) where the loop should go ... and it usually works first time - then it's just a process of fine adjustment and refinement. I could explain the technicalities but not the 'magic' bit that only comes through lots of experience especially as each sample is (kind of) unique and requires its own special treatment (and compromise) on a case-by-case basis.

But at some point, I may well get myself some old OS9 Mac to run Infinity again because it really is a fabulous looping tool especially for certain sounds.

Cheers,

Steve

Return to “Hollow Sun”