New pc not performing in FL Studio RESOLVED

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

T-CM11 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:35 pm
Martkorg wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 2:24 pm The soundcard is a Creative SB z which was bundled with the machine,previous pc used the onboard sound
Well, why are you not using Creative's ASIO drivers then?
No sound at all using the creative asio no idea why

Passing Bye wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:19 pm
nix808 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 2:14 pm maybe your soundcard matters too
+1 sounds like a lousy driver performance

Which buffer size do you use?

Also did you optimized your system for audio?

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... Windows-10

Yes I found out on the internet the drivers have never been 100% for Windows 10 Creative don't update very often

I have done some PC optimisation,Power plan on 100%,Av disabled,uac off and no Internet whilst using FL studio,no other programs running when FL studio is running either

Martkorg wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:56 pm Yes I found out on the internet the drivers have never been 100% for Windows 10 Creative don't update very often
Lousy drivers tax CPU more, smaller the buffer, worst it gets.

How is your on-board soundcard performing?

Passing Bye wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 12:19 am
Martkorg wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:56 pm Yes I found out on the internet the drivers have never been 100% for Windows 10 Creative don't update very often

It's same with the Asus Cards,there's problems with the drivers with Windows 10

Onboard is a realtek card,I haven't tried it because I had one on the other pc and there is a marked difference with the soundblasterz far better,clearer sound especially at louder volume

Martkorg wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:06 am
Passing Bye wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 12:19 am

It's same with the Asus Cards,there's problems with the drivers with Windows 10

Onboard is a realtek card,I haven't tried it because I had one on the other pc and there is a marked difference with the soundblasterz far better,clearer sound especially at louder volume
Can you borrow USB sound card from someone and compare the performance?

If you are into PCI sound cards, than go for the best drivers in business, find second hand RME HDSP 9632 with breakout cable, it should cost you around 250 bucks, but it's worth every penny.

http://www.rme-audio.de/en/products/hdsp_9632.php

Passing Bye wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:19 pm
nix808 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 2:14 pm maybe your soundcard matters too
+1 sounds like a lousy driver performance
Yep. A soudcard built in motherboard is insufficient for any audio work and will completely drown your performance.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Martkorg wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:48 pm No sound at all using the creative asio no idea why
It works for me / Win10x64+FL Studio (20.1). Performance is better than FL Asio or Asio4All... you should try to get it to work.

T-CM11 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:12 am
Martkorg wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:48 pm No sound at all using the creative asio no idea why
It works for me / Win10x64+FL Studio (20.1). Performance is better than FL Asio or Asio4All... you should try to get it to work.
I will try that again but there was definitely no sound,any idea what that could be?
Asio 4all the sound output was distorted badly

Wild guess, maybe you need to select correct output in preferences.

There's an entire section of the manual dedicated to this, if you missed it.
Eclectus wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:53 pm Set Windows power profile to maximum performance if you haven't done so.
FL does this by default, unless you explicitly disable the option.

how about you post a picture of your audio settings tab ...

T-CM11 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:12 am
I undid some of the things that i had tried on advice from FL mainly to enable triple buffer,as soon as i have disabled it i now have audio using the Creative Asio driver at 20ms Default

Well thats definitely sorted it,using the FL studio Asio the result in the cpu meter was 80+ and redlining on the song
The result using the Creative Asio is a steady 60 max

Would the Audio sound cleaner? To me its much more in stereo like theres a reverb on it?

Martkorg wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:22 pm Would the Audio sound cleaner? To me its much more in stereo like theres a reverb on it?
If the audio data stream doesn't take the most direct route from DAW to DAC, there can be all kind of sweeteners inbetween. ASIO should never do that, built in sound and Soundblasters may. To disable that:

Open the Control Panel and click on Sound. Go through the devices and their properties. If there's an Enhancements tab, disable all enhancements, and click Apply.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

I specifically didn't download the control panel I didn't want any enhancements so I aren't sure why the sound is "roomy" cannot describe it

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”