Tracking Apple Silicon Native Hosts, Plugins, Effects

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
KVRAF
9015 posts since 16 Aug, 2006

Post Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:34 am

pdxindy wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:14 am
cadiz wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:08 am
pdxindy wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:51 am
Any news about Vital going native?
Latest info here: https://forum.vital.audio/t/vital-on-m1-mac/659/12
So no news from Tytel in the past 6 months... not very promising.
Apparently he's been working on a new GUI framework for the last several months. This will apparently speed up future development. So I don't think we're going to see M1 support until the update with the new GUI framework is released or later.

User avatar
KVRAF
20422 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Post Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:57 am

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:34 am
pdxindy wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:14 am
cadiz wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:08 am
pdxindy wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:51 am
Any news about Vital going native?
Latest info here: https://forum.vital.audio/t/vital-on-m1-mac/659/12
So no news from Tytel in the past 6 months... not very promising.
Apparently he's been working on a new GUI framework for the last several months. This will apparently speed up future development. So I don't think we're going to see M1 support until the update with the new GUI framework is released or later.
I can live without it until then (whenever then is)... it's not like I have a shortage of synths.

KVRAF
9015 posts since 16 Aug, 2006

Post Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:10 am

pdxindy wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:57 am
I can live without it until then (whenever then is)... it's not like I have a shortage of synths.
Same. I bought Vital but never use it. I find Hive a joy to work with when I want a Wavetable synth. And it's already M1 native.

User avatar
KVRAF
20422 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Post Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:30 am

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:10 am
pdxindy wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:57 am
I can live without it until then (whenever then is)... it's not like I have a shortage of synths.
Same. I bought Vital but never use it. I find Hive a joy to work with when I want a Wavetable synth. And it's already M1 native.
Hive has become my most used wavetable synth... especially since 2.1.

The only VST synths I have installed on my new 16" MBP are the u-he offerings, Dune 3.5 and Chromaphone and String Studio. Plus the synths in Bitwig which are in constant use as well. It has been enjoyable to cut back on plugins and the new AS Mac gave a good excuse for it. I'm only installing native plugins.

KVRer
26 posts since 7 Jan, 2008

Post Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:53 am

telecharge wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:16 am
Strange that Arturia says, "Analog Lab V will be updated at the same time as the V Collection for M1-compatibility," but there's no mention of it in the AL5 release notes. :?

https://www.arturia.com/faq/utilization ... processors
Can confirm it is M1 native
Screenshot 2021-11-25 at 20.51.15.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
KVRian
852 posts since 22 Feb, 2014

Post Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:10 pm

cadiz wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:53 am
Can confirm it is M1 native
Thank you!

KVRer
15 posts since 4 Mar, 2013

Post Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:56 pm

Just used the opportunity to upgrade to V8(.2) now that its ARM version coincides with a good deal on upgrades. Very low cpu usage, seems fine so far. Only saying that because Roland (Cloud) synths, despite being 'native' are even worse than their Intel version on my 2016-vintage MacBook Pro. Esp. 727 - constant struggle, clicks and pops on my 10-core M1 Pro

KVRer
16 posts since 1 Jul, 2009

Post Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:45 pm

fix3r wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:56 pm
Just used the opportunity to upgrade to V8(.2) now that its ARM version coincides with a good deal on upgrades. Very low cpu usage, seems fine so far. Only saying that because Roland (Cloud) synths, despite being 'native' are even worse than their Intel version on my 2016-vintage MacBook Pro. Esp. 727 - constant struggle, clicks and pops on my 10-core M1 Pro
It seems to be the ABM Legendary stuff that drives the CPU crazy - the D-50 and JD-800 are fine for me. I also could swear I had no issue with these on my M1 under Big Sur, so I think it may be a Monterey thing.

KVRer
26 posts since 7 Jan, 2008

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:12 am

News from SoundToys... https://www.soundtoys.com/m1-capability/

Updated November 23, 2021
We are very happy to report that we now have working internal native Apple Silicon builds of all of our plug-ins and are ready to begin testing with DAWs that currently support Apple Silicon.

Pace has just reached a significant milestone in the very complex process of migrating their code to a brand new processor platform. A little over a week ago we received the first beta version of Pace tools with full Apple Silicon support.

KVRist
278 posts since 3 Apr, 2018

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:02 am

cadiz wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:53 am
telecharge wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:16 am
Strange that Arturia says, "Analog Lab V will be updated at the same time as the V Collection for M1-compatibility," but there's no mention of it in the AL5 release notes. :?

https://www.arturia.com/faq/utilization ... processors
Can confirm it is M1 native

Screenshot 2021-11-25 at 20.51.15.png
It is M1 native.
Hey NI, how much longer will we have to wait for for M1 native Komplete…?!

KVRist
278 posts since 3 Apr, 2018

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:05 am

Looks like the “latest” database hasn’t been updated to latest releases 😉
Moog Animoog Z, Cherry audio… etc..
What’s up Teilo?

KVRer
11 posts since 7 Dec, 2015

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:43 am

Izotope just delayed M1 compatibility for RX9 and Ozone to Q1 2022 :smack:

KVRian
543 posts since 8 Jan, 2005

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:03 pm

Just a big one thank you for all the work put into that list. I hope that pretty soon it won't be necessary anymore, but as of now it's the most comprehensive and complete list of its kind.
MacBook Pro M1 . 16GB . 1TB . . Logic Pro……Renoise……Reason

KVRAF
2062 posts since 16 Jan, 2013

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:11 pm

Rast Sound's Mad Filter plugin is native.

Also, Metric Halo have just announced native support for all the plugins in their Production Bundle and the free Thump (as of version 3.2.4).
Image Image Image

KVRAF
9015 posts since 16 Aug, 2006

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:00 pm

PSP's Vintage Warmer 2.10 is now M1 native.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”