Alternative to Midibridge?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Now that midibridge does nto wrok with iOS 11, and the repalcement Midifire is rather expensive...are there any alternatives to midibridge with the same functions?

Thanks

If you already own MidiBridge, you can get MidiFire for about USD$5 (or your equivalent local currency) via an App Store bundle:

BridgeFire X-Grade
Last edited by audeonic on Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, Nic (Audeonic Apps).

Yep, already had a look at that, and it (crossgrade) is listed as $23 out here??

Yes, you need to have logged in recently in order to see the 'complete my bundle' price. If you don't see 'PURCHASED' under MidiBridge when you go to the bundle page, try logging in again.

Regardless, even if you haven't logged in, once you go through with the 'BUY' button and then login, Apple will realise you already own MidiBridge and credit the amount you paid for it originally against the price of the bundle.

Works as you said, I paid 7 euro for the x-grade ( had MIDIbridge as well ).

audeonic wrote:Yes, you need to have logged in recently in order to see the 'complete my bundle' price. If you don't see 'PURCHASED' under MidiBridge when you go to the bundle page, try logging in again.

Regardless, even if you haven't logged in, once you go through with the 'BUY' button and then login, Apple will realise you already own MidiBridge and credit the amount you paid for it originally against the price of the bundle.
Thanks Nic...I really didn't want ot have to go away from MidiBridge as it is a great app...but the upgrade was a bit steep...I'll try your method above and see how that works.

audeonic wrote:Yes, you need to have logged in recently in order to see the 'complete my bundle' price. If you don't see 'PURCHASED' under MidiBridge when you go to the bundle page, try logging in again.

What/where is this so called bundle page? All i get is the high price...I'm not all that convinced that Apple will automatically do anything!

Nope, no matter how I try this it STILL comes up as a $19 purchase :(

@miden, your handle seems familiar. Did we cross paths previously at all? Is it possible that I sent you a promo code for MidiBridge way back which would explain why you're not seeing a discount? I suspect it's just that you're not going far enough through the bundle purchase process for Apple to apply the discount though.

If you don't trust Apple to recognise that you own MidiBridge already, then maybe you will trust me? Follow the entire purchase process all the way through until you have purchased the bundle, but you must use the same apple id that already owns MidiBridge. If you still get charged the full whack for the bundle, PM me a copy of the App Store invoice and I will reimburse you the price of MidiBridge via paypal directly.

Also for completeness, to answer your first post properly and maybe assist others in the same situation, you really have 3 options:

1. Do not upgrade to iOS11 and continue using MidiBridge.

2. Cross-grade to MidiFire via bundle pricing.

3. There is an alternative app to MidiBridge that copies much of its features. The price of entry for this app is slightly more than the crossgrade cost and to get its full feature set via its IAPs would cost 50% more than purchasing the bundle at full price. Even then, I'd like to think MidiFire is a superior offering, but of course I would be biased. ;-)

Thanks Nic...okay I'll go ahead following your advice....umm not sure about any promo codes haha, I am pretty sure I bought Midibridge via a "normal" sale process!

No, I'd rather get the full and proper app, not the alternative haha, (and I suspect I know which one you are referring to but your apps work reliably and efficiently, so...)

I'll advise how I get on :)

Okay, made the purchase, and yep it charged me $19 haha! Lets see if Apple process this the way you suggested they might ;)

Hmm, no it should have shown you the discount straight away I believe. That to me sounds like Apple doesn't think you bought it previously.

I should have thought of this before, so it's too late now, but did MidiBridge show up in your 'Purchased' section of the App Store app on your iDevice before you got the bundle do you know? The purchases are in reverse time order, so I would expect MidiFire to now be at the very top. Where is MidiBridge in your purchase history now?

I guess I'll be getting out my wallet ;-)

Haha,no, no need m8...$17.99 is fair for the app...it was just annoying Apple couldn't get it right (you know the principle of it all haha). BTW the original order was MJ2DTJNGF back in Feb 2014 from SoftAudio.... so I guess Audionic was Soft Audio previously??? In any case that's the name on the Apple receipt :)

And yep, Midifire is now top of the list.

If you have the receipt from Feb 14 that is great. They absolutely should have credited the price you paid for MidiBridge originally when you bought the bundle.

I would report this to Apple using 'Report a problem' from the invoice email as something is not right.

Would you be prepared to email me copies of the Feb 14 order invoice and also the order invoice email for the bundle transaction when it arrives if it hasn't already? I'd really like to get to the bottom of this.

Yeah sure Nic...pm me your email :)

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”