How to use a compressor with iphone?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

How can I use a compressor with my iphone? The best scenario would be if an app allowed me to load an audio file of my own, and be able to loop a section within the audio file and just compress it with a regular compressor (the more controls the better).

It would be nice to be able to practice this stuff on the bus, lunch at work, and so on... When I'm at home I just want to make music with the little time I have for it :) Thanks in advance!

One approach would be to use AUM + a compressor app (there's a free good - not great - one called Rough Rider you could try out). However, AUM isn't cheap, so make sure you know what you're getting in to. AUM attempts to be a mixer to tie apps using different tech together. It's quite good at what it does, but Apple and the app makers don't always play well together.

Thank you! I will have a look at it, it sure looks interesting.

If you're using loops, there's quite a few apps that do a good job at that. However, I don't use any of them. There's been some good discussions I've seen on the audiobus general forums.

I will look into that too, thank you for the advice!

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”