v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

+++1!
And please quantization controllers and controllers move together with the phrases. Thank you !

Remove

And more ... Attila, if possible to do so
while dragging the MIDI file to a track (on which there is already a phrase) was replaced phrases (old to new)? Thank you!

musicdevelopments wrote:That is a good idea, and very interesting! Maybe not just loading a MIDI file, but some pitch bending presets could be selected from a menu...
presets are more work i think and is not so much possible. for vibrato for example is better when no mathematical waveform is used, because a simple sine at same speed sound static on longer notes. for filtersweeps maybe some mathematical presets are usefull, because it can select the start filter value end filter value and duration more easy
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Hello Attila!
Today I was doing experiments with recording in real time, but this sometime later). When I played a new phrase and set variation quantize, the notes moved to the new position, but no pitch bend. It is the same with other events controllers ..
But you must admit that this is not good.
In practice, this makes it impossible to edit the normal recording MIDI events. Thank you !

Hello lulukom

only i get in mind that maybe work better can be track variation quantize or swing . when use this, controller should quantize too

I would be happy if this work in the future as you wrote, but now, unfortunately, does not work. Thank you .

I test it and i notice that add a track variation "quantize" and record with midi keyboard in main track do quantisation the recorded notes but not the controller. i think track variation should only work on playback and not quantize the recorded notes on record ?. pitch bend is not record quantize. maybe it is playback quantize, i not test. my screenshot quantize 1/4. i get in mind, to quantize pitch or controller, is not so easy, because allmoves are then put to 1.1.0 then 1.2.0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I think that everything should be separate ...
- Quantize notes on the record
- Quantize notes for Playback
- But Quantize controllers separately, too, because I want to quantize notes of 1/4, for example, but controllers 1/64.

as can see in screenshot also note off is not quantize. there must be some trick, if controller quantize diffrent to note on, then it do not sound correct. or maybe can only quantise 1/16 or so and let controller unquantize and live with the errors. i do not know how other daw do that

That's like my program DIGITAL Performer can quantize everything midi events (well, and audio at the same time))) separately for recording and Playback.
On the recording, simply turn on the checkbox in the settings "Apply quantization to record in real time"

but what is the result of this. I try with reaper. here can quantize the notes only or allevents. look what happen when choose all events. the pitch curves is gone.the last image is unquantized
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

in different situations need different quantization (poetry))))
I could cite many examples of individual controllers need to quantize. But, of course, more often have to quantize the controllers as well as the notes !
And not only controllers. But the Tempo change point, for example. And change the Pan and Pitch Band course, etc.

MIDI controllers handing was never an emphasis in RapidComposer. At the moment controllers assigned to tracks are a separate stream of data, independent of notes. What is needed is the ability to assign controllers to phrases and notes.
In addition, operations on notes (e.g. quantize) are non-destructive, so when you turn off Quantize, the pitch bending events should move with the notes. So this will require some work in a later version.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
Summer Sale - 40% off - June 3-18

lulukom wrote:in different situations need different quantization (poetry))))
I could cite many examples of individual controllers need to quantize. But, of course, more often have to quantize the controllers as well as the notes !
And not only controllers. But the Tempo change point, for example. And change the Pan and Pitch Band course, etc.
but problem in all DAW i see is, when you quantize controller with 1/16 and notes with 1/4 then the quantized events do not match to notes. in this example when quantize controller with 1/16 and notes with 1/4 notes are move to x.1.0 but controller do not move to x.1.0

Return to “MusicDevelopments”