Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

lulukom wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:01 pm Continuation ..
But I miss a place where I could store takes phrases .. Permanent saving of phrases is not quick and not intuitive. Of course, the best is to take phrases right on the track with quick access, select and replace phrases .. It's creative!
Anything is possible, and it is a great possibility, but, I am also a big fan of the idea of letting "DAWS" do DAW stuff and that RC is just a sequencer, not a DAW.

I do see a great benefit with that though..

Overall, you are right! But we are working with phrases and why drag simple operations back and forth? Nothing superfluous - just the ability to sort out the most suitable phrases right in the composition window (on the track).

I will add .. Just a history of phrases on a phrase!

BluGenes wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:31 pm
lulukom wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:01 pm

I am also a big fan of the idea of letting "DAWS" do DAW stuff and that RC is just a sequencer, not a DAW.

I have to second that there's so many request here for features that are in pretty much in every daw.

The focus should be on custom phrases and midi files there are so many things you can't do when you input midi files without losing the original melody , there should be more option to get variety and variations from your MIDI files.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkvYX2frahM
I've been trying to get this software features imported into RC for the last year now.
This software gives you the ability to play notes in or input midi files and change them and remix them however you want.
The power of importing your midi files and being able to change what bits you want and keep the bits you like, as well as changing it completely but keeping all the notes in the same parameters as the original (aka variation generator)

This vst is being promoted on the biggest software channel on youtube so it's obviously something that people want and need.

Why spend time hitting the random generator button to come up with something you like when you already have a pre-existing idea in midi and you just want to get some different alternative options.

if anyone's got any better suggestions with working with midi in RC please let me know

Hi lovemusic15 !
I support you! I am also for the development towards varying ready-made midi files (phrases). I understand that everyone uses RС in different ways. For example, I do not use the generators (with the exception of percussion - I love him very much and I would even like to see it with a separate program or plugin). I need a program that strengthens my creativity, but does not create itself. But I am ready to recognize that the generator can help me come up with an interesting phrase, but for now I can't get it)) And I'm not ready to spend a lot of time by pressing the button in the hope ever to hear a good phrase version. Generators should become easier, more musher, with presets and quickly enter and go out in midi format.

lulukom wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:25 pm

100% agree you should be able to create some usable idea's rapidly, these tools are meant for inspiration and to help you get from A to B very quickly.
RC is a great tool if you got time on your hands and you want to dig deep but it seems with everyday music you don't have to go that deep you just need to be able to tweak stuff simply.
The crazy thing is if you were to take all the variations and put it inside a generator you've pretty much got what you need .

Have a look at this software I've been using it for years there's nothing it doesn't do when it comes to drums and percussion

https://www.wavedna.com/liquid-rhythm/

Thank you, but I did not say that the RС does not suit me .. If I didn't love him, I would not write posts on the forum)) We simply have a conversation about the possible ways of development of the program. And yes, I sometimes use generators to look for something fresh for new ideas! Sometimes it turns out - sometimes it is easier for me to play it. And yes, it's interesting to put it later into the generator ..Thank you, I know Liquid Rhythm !

I'm not disagreeing with you there, I personally think RC is the best software out there.It's actually frustrating how many people think other software is better because it's made by a well-known manufacture .
The crazy thing is so many people are talking about other softwares and their features that have just come out in their latest update but yet RC is so advanced that it has had these same features 3 years before.My point is the only reason these other software companies are popular is because of ease of use and the fact they have the ability to come up with usable ideas very easily and very quickly. RC needs to have the same thing to give it the upper hand. I'm in the process of making a video for YouTube comparing all of the best softwares for generating ideas, that will cover ease-of-use best results and value for money. I want to make sure RC has got all the bits it needs.
Attila has put in so much work it's only fair we do our best to help promote it in the best light so that he can start receiving the credit he deserves from a wider audience.

musicdevelopments wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:25 am Would it be useful to have a keyboard shortcut for rhythm regeneration? Then you could select all phrases in a track, and press a key.
FWIW, I think that would be an excellent capability to have!

Also, on the subject of regeneration in general, I'd like to mention again how useful I would find it if a phrase could be regenerated anew for the next loop iteration while the user has RC in loop playback mode.

I can imagine that this might be very difficult to accomplish (or maybe not). Could you perhaps comment on that Attila?

Yes, I think many people simply do not represent the capabilities of the program. All the secrets and relationships of the functions, of course, immediately understand it is very difficult and I think that there are not enough existing training materials .. it is not enough of professionally made masterclasses that would simply tell how to make music using RС. By the way, which is really very lacking, so it is the controller of the phrase that I hope will soon appear .

I think this was in the pipeline to do. You can import them by selecting All Files (*.*) and select the .STY or .PRS ...
viewtopic.php?t=450065&start=3645

If the structure could include the audio track/s would be good.
If you look at JJazLab https://www.jjazzlab.com/en/download/
it uses freely available keyboard styles .sty, .prs, .sst, .bcs
https://www.jjazzlab.com/docs/jjazzlab_user_styles.zip
these are simply renamed to .mid (if RC could could import without rename it would be good)
they have midi markers for the different song sections
if RC could import the marker names into the Part names you could then easily build your song with the Structure Tool and still have all the controllers.
There are plenty of Styles, Style editors, creators and midi to STY tools.
http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software.htm
https://psrtutorial.com/sty/collections/bart.html
https://psrtutorial.com/sty/yamaha/psr-s950.html (scroll down to yellow sections for zips on any of the keyboard pages)

I noticed .. Why not move (or duplicate) the button for converting a phrase from one generator to another directly into the Generator tab?

But perhaps it would be better to have a Generator Matrix, so that it would be possible to click to select a generator (or several or its individual functions) that would process the selected phrase in turn or simultaneously and connect them in chains. Something similar to the work of variations, but using streams of information from generators.

Hi Attila.
Currently, the Markov generator lets you set the parameters for probable note sequences manually (or randomized).
Would it be possible for the Markov to analyse a small (user created or supplied) midi clip of up to say 4 bars and then set the probabilities based on what was found in the clip?
This could provide interesting variations and maybe a "what's next" as well as being able to manipulate an existing clip intelligently to emulate the style.

Cheers Mike. :)

I'm 100% with you on this Mike been trying to get this type of thing implemented in RC for a long time now ,this is exactly what I'm trying to do with this variation tool I'm going to put up a little video demonstrating exactly how I think it should work.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”