Cubase 7 vs RC

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In case anyone else is comparing Cubase 7 with RC... Wait for Steinberg to post a demo version so you can try it before you buy it. I watched a new features video and read the pertinent sections of the manual first, but they didn't give me a clear picture of how the new chords functionality works. So I took a risk and bought it, and I'm disappointed. Very complex products and it's going to take a while to figure them all out, but here are my opinions so far.

In Cubase:
- you add a chord track to your project
- you populate the chord track with chords, either by clicking the chords in manually or by automatically deriving the chords from midi notes in another track
- to generate music based on the chord track, you set your instrument or audio track to "follow" the chord track.
- BUT... if the track is empty it won't let you choose "follow". You have to put a phrase in the track which it then modifies.
- RC requires a phrase, too, but it has special generator phrases that populate the track automagically and, if you don't like what it came up with, you click the phrase generator again to get a new result.
- following the chord track is destructive. If you turn "follow" off you don't get your original notes back.
- on the plus side, Cubase can make audio conform to the chord track. I haven't played with that much yet.

So after buying Cubase I ended up buying RC a few days later (last day of the sale!). Anyone else using Cubase and RC?
- Ty

Thank you, Ty for posting your thoughts.
I am very excited because v2.0 of RapidComposer will be so much better than the current v1.93. I would like to thank everyone who purchased RapidComposer in the past for their confidence and patience.

Happy New Year! :)

Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

ignore this post but happy new year!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”