v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Great to hear the bugs getting smashed.. hehe

This is a shorter version of the crash steps, just case you could not reproduce the crash..

edit: just noticed I posted this in the wrong thread.. this isn't the beta version..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weFWmer ... e=youtu.be

In the next update it is possible to have overlapped notes in a rhythm pattern if you resize a note with Shift+Ctrl (only for advanced users).
Only 1/64 overlap is allowed, otherwise more substantial changes would be needed in the rhythm editor. I hope it will be useful.
Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi Attila

thanks, your rcctrl file work ok and great that it is possible to have overlapping notes. 1/64 is good enough. only important for legato play in VSTi is that the note off from the previous come later as the note on of newest note. if you think it is better to have only 1/128 overlap this is ok too.

some problems i notice. I want disable transpose for phrase with mouse(because transpose shift the keyswitches too. i add keyswitches as absolute notes correct). I choose in phrase setting Transpose disable, but when i move per accident the phrase up or down with mouse it remove the disable state for transpose and change transpose value and the phrase is play with wrong articulations.

then i want with undo get back to my previous phrase to correct the wrong transpose. I edit some more in Phrase Editor. now when i press apply button in phrase editor i get message "cannot apply phrase. track or original phrase was deleted." . I need then do add to clipboard paste the phrase and remove the old. should i do a video that show this ? seem as soon undo is press for the phrase in composition mode, the phrase editor can not overwrite the note data of the phrase
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

BluGenes wrote:This is a shorter version of the crash steps, just case you could not reproduce the crash...
Thank you! This crash is fixed now! If you used the "Reset" button for removing all chords, it would have worked without crashing.
BluGenes wrote:edit: just noticed I posted this in the wrong thread.. this isn't the beta version..
No problem at all...

Thanks!
Attila

Dear magicmusic,

please use the following option for keyswitches to disable transposition:

You can then move the phrase, the keyswitch remains at the same note. Please note at the moment it is not possible to 'lock' a phrase so that you cannot drag it with the mouse.
magicmusic wrote:should i do a video that show this ? seem as soon undo is press for the phrase in composition mode, the phrase editor can not overwrite the note data of the phrase
I know, it works like that :( At the moment UNDO restores the whole composition which means all phrases will be recreated, so the connection to the original phrase gets lost. I don't know how to do this right.

Thanks for the Magix Independence link, I have not heard of it.

Regards,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Thank you! This crash is fixed now! If you used the "Reset" button for removing all chords, it would have worked without crashing.

Attila

A what?? oh.. lol,.. never noticed that button before.. glad all is well.

musicdevelopments wrote:Dear magicmusic,

please use the following option for keyswitches to disable transposition:

You can then move the phrase, the keyswitch remains at the same note. Please note at the moment it is not possible to 'lock' a phrase so that you cannot drag it with the mouse.
thanks, this work good because 1 pixel move in Y do not move notes. when use fixed notes without this switch on, then it is very hard to set it to correct place. but with this option on there need several pixels move up or down until it transpose the relative notes. this option is also usefull for drums. if it is not too much work, in the button row chord scale Bass Absolute "Absolute No trans" or so can add. then can avoid enable another option. I see this option is currently only available when absolute is press

for the undo problem, i think ok solution if in this situation come a requester that ask. "Should i overwrite selecteted Phrase ?". this work only if phrase length is same as in phrase editor and phrase name is same. and if user is not happy with that later he can undo.

I like name all my phrases, but how can i do this without save them in browser and add again ?
when i add in Phrase editor name field the name for example vox haaaraa and press apply or copy to clipboard,and paste the phrase, the phrase have always old name. i think a function to change name of the phrase is important and every other daw have this too. but in RC i find no rename function

Hello !
For example, I do not like that if you save phrases or rhythms, you can not choose a folder from existing ones (but only every time you type a name (I always make mistakes and it's long ())

and about the independence free. it can not add in RC 64 bit version. it bring wrong architecture. I see in rcinst file that it is new and it show to 64 but DLL

The bestservice engine based on indepence work ok direct in RC. it is also possible to save more than 1 instrument channel and load correct.

independence should load also soundfonts, but i did not get it working. drag and drop do not work and i see no menu or text in documentation. if it can load soundfonts it is very good for RC, because it support 16 midi channels and it have a mixer with good effects and a convolution reverb. so can use effects for soundfonts.

that it can load soundfonts stand only on web page(link in post earlier)
Unlimited compatibility. Independence Free is available for Windows and Mac OS as a VST instrument for DAWs or a standalone sampler. In addition to sample formats that can be used in Independence, AKAI S1000, S3000 and SoundFont samples are also supported.

lulukom wrote:Hello !
For example, I do not like that if you save phrases or rhythms, you can not choose a folder from existing ones (but only every time you type a name (I always make mistakes and it's long ())
under "the save selected phrases" button
"To Group" there is on right side a small popup button. this let you choose previous folders. In phrase editor there is a group string too in which let you choose previous ones.

Thank you, I know about this, but I'm not interested in the previous folders - I need a specific folder, and I have 400 folders, for example ..

Hi ,Attila !
Crash 9 .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hey, questions...

what do you need for a crash report? were do I get the info after a crash? etc..

Hello !
I say what I know)
At me on MAC OSX after crash the screen with the text report about a problem automatically opens. I copy this into a text editor and save it. Then I make a ZIP and attach it to the letter. Like this . Attila looks at this and fixes the problem. :phew:

lulukom wrote:Hi ,Attila !
Crash 9 .
Thank you, lulukom! :tu:

Return to “MusicDevelopments”