v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

OK, so, I have another idea.. When you click on the chord name on the master track, and it has focus.. Do you possibly have a click up/down drag routine available? What would be really, really cool is to click the chord name in the master track and drag up to change the chord based on the rules, etc. Drag down and go down or backwards through the rules.. and/or use scales limits, just the scale, or the modes, etc..even allow a random chord.. any thoughts ?

edit: Ok, just found same feature in master track dialog.. never mind..

Hi Gotacki,

no, this is not normal. Something went wrong in the latest beta version. I'll fix it shortly.
Thank you for reporting it!

Attila
Gotacki wrote:Hi,

I can't move Lines and Parts on the structure panel (up or down - ex : move Line 2 before Line 1, exchange Lines..)

Is it normal ?

Thanks !
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Right, the Percussion Generator was not designed for using more than 6-7 percussions.
I am not sure I understand which grid you would like to see.
Do you mean like on this mock-up screenshot, having buttons for each percussion at the top, and showing only one at a time?:

I'd appreciate any input on this. IMO in the current layout you have easy access to all percussion tracks at once. Any suggestion is welcome.
Thanks,
Attila
Gotacki wrote:- When using a lot of percussion, the list goes way beyond the screen and is not very practicable. I would have rather view a Battery 4 like grid. When a grid cell is selected then we would have the detail of the grid (edit, note value (please, also C1, A4, etc. format...?), regenerate, etc.). It would be much compact.
Keep the main view of the beat (the one currently at the bottom of the generator) which is very good and simply show the current selected grid cell in another color ?

+++1 !!!

Hello Attila!
I like your screenshot!
But how to transfer the rhythm from one instrument to another?

Yes, very good point, lulukom! :tu:
In this regard the current layout is better than the mock-up screenshot.
Maybe the UI would not be that confusing if there were icons for Mute, Lock, Edit, Regenerate...
Please note this is meant as a simple phrase generator...

Thanks,
Attila

lulukom wrote:Hello Attila!
The next crash, as a result of dragging phrases in the midi file and vice versa.
Hi lulukom!
I was not successful to figure out what caused this crash :(
Do you remember what you were dragging (from where to where), and did you press the Ctrl key to drag in relative form?
Thank you for the crash dump!
Attila

Hello padillac,

Can you check if there is a UserScales.rcSCAL file in ~/Documents/RapidComposerV3/DB ?
For some reason creating new scales worked well on my setup (macOS 10.13.1 and on Windows10).
When you click on "New Scale", it should show up immediately in the browser.
I find it possible that the new scale is not where you expect it in the list.
Please type {group}/{name} for the sorting option to sort the scales in alphabetical order.

Thanks,
Attila
padillac wrote:Bug: Custom scales don't appear in the scales browser for me. I can create new scales and they show up when clicking Master Timeline Scale->Other dropdown, but they don't show up in the scale browser. Restarting RapidComposer doesn't fix it.

v3.5b11 OS X 10.13.4

musicdevelopments wrote:Hello padillac,

Can you check if there is a UserScales.rcSCAL file in ~/Documents/RapidComposerV3/DB ?
For some reason creating new scales worked well on my setup (macOS 10.13.1 and on Windows10).
When you click on "New Scale", it should show up immediately in the browser.
I find it possible that the new scale is not where you expect it in the list.
Please type {group}/{name} for the sorting option to sort the scales in alphabetical order.
[/quote]

Yep it's there. I think it was a display issue – it looks like the bottom of the scales browser had been cut off.

I've noticed this is a common problem with all of the RC floating windows (especially chord palette). I use an external display sometimes, and so I make windows taller. Then when I disconnect my display, my laptop screen is much smaller – but the browser windows don't resize to accommodate them. So parts of the browser windows are just cut off at the bottom.

---

Another question... is it possible to manually sort the scales & chords list? Or hide certain scales and chords (especially from the chord palette)? I've got groups for my most-used chords and scales, but those always appear at the bottom of the browser, chooser, etc.

I have a specific set of scales and chords that I want to use, I don't really care about the other stuff most of the time. I'd like RC to only show me the scales and chords that I'm interested in. I would delete all the other ones, but I'd like to keep them around "just in case". So hiding chords / scales would be great, or at the very least somehow prioritizing my custom chords / scales above all others is important.

+1

Attila, I certainly meant that I had the idea to choose an editor for each tool (as in your screenshot), but it seems to me the generator itself should not be simplified. All the buttons and features already available must be saved. Moreover, we need both solo and loop and rhythm transfer - these are magnificent your developments!

Thank you for reporting this bug, which is fixed now.
Due to the recent UI changes, dragging items stopped working in the Structure Inspector!
The next (beta) update will be available in a few days.

Thanks!!
Attila

Gotacki wrote:Hi,

I can't move Lines and Parts on the structure panel (up or down - ex : move Line 2 before Line 1, exchange Lines..)

Is it normal ?

Thanks !

padillac wrote:I have a specific set of scales and chords that I want to use, I don't really care about the other stuff most of the time. I'd like RC to only show me the scales and chords that I'm interested in. I would delete all the other ones, but I'd like to keep them around "just in case". So hiding chords / scales would be great, or at the very least somehow prioritizing my custom chords / scales above all others is important.
This is easy to do. You can assign tags to all scales, chords, everything in RC. These tags should be either "Tag" or "Tag=Value" format. So you can assign the "Important" tag to your scales and chords, and show only items with this tag.

You can assign a tag to multiple items. In this example I typed "Important" and clicked on the green + sign to add to the selection:

Then you can type the following in the search field at the bottom: {Important}!=""

Then only your important scales, chords will be shown.
Please note that in pop-up menus all scales and chords are displayed. This area could be improved in the future.

You can set a different sorting order for scales. Click on the small wrench icon at the top, and type {group}/{name} for the "Sort By" option:

At the moment the position in the file is taken into account so that Major, Minor and other simpler chords are displayed at the top, but you can use any other sort expression.

Thanks,
Attila

I must admit I am confused about your suggestions about the Percussion Generator UI. :cry:
Please explain how it should look like to be more usable.
Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote:
padillac wrote:I have a specific set of scales and chords that I want to use, I don't really care about the other stuff most of the time. I'd like RC to only show me the scales and chords that I'm interested in. I would delete all the other ones, but I'd like to keep them around "just in case". So hiding chords / scales would be great, or at the very least somehow prioritizing my custom chords / scales above all others is important.
This is easy to do. You can assign tags to all scales, chords, everything in RC. These tags should be either "Tag" or "Tag=Value" format. So you can assign the "Important" tag to your scales and chords, and show only items with this tag.

Then you can type the following in the search field at the bottom: {Important}!=""

Then only your important scales, chords will be shown.
Please note that in pop-up menus all scales and chords are displayed. This area could be improved in the future.
Very cool! Thank you for that.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”