How can I color chord / scale notes in the composition window?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I see there are a lot of settings for colors, so I think it's probably possible... but I'm not sure how to do this.

I've made a phrase, with note mapping set to Scale Notes + semitones. I copy the phrase and paste it into the composition area (what's the main area called btw?) All of the notes in the phrase show up as yellow... which is a color I can't find in the user interface settings.

I would LOVE it if I could see, at a glance, which notes are part of the current chord, and which are outside the scale.

So for example, a note in the phrase that is part of the current chord is green, one that is not part of the current chord but is part of the scale is blue, and then one outside of the scale and chord is red.

Right now if I click on a note, it'll show the note name in green if it's a scale note, and red if it's out of scale. But I'd like the notes themselves to be colored so I can distinguish them, and I want it to show me chord notes differently from other scale notes.

Is this possible?

heyyyy I found it!

Click the three horizontal bars button under the track name, and then choose "Color notes by rendered note kind"
Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 10.26.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 10.26.57 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”