Send trigger note to plugin for strumming?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'd like to use the strum engine in the Orange Tree Samples guitars. This requires that a trigger note be sent for the strumming to begin and must be held for it to continue. So, for example, I may have C0 as the trigger for a certain strum pattern. If I hold that note, along with the chord notes, I get strumming until I release the C0 note.

I was able to add a custom phrase that just plays C0, but that causes the note to be released momentarily at the end of the phrase and it restarts the strumming, causing an unnatural sounding strum. Any help on how this could be done in a better way would be much appreciated.

On a side note, does anyone have any tips for generating natural sounding strums in RC itself? I'm familiar with the strum variation, so I'm looking for other tips and tricks. Maybe a strumming generator could be added?

RC supports articulations that can be added for notes, phrases, or tracks. An articulation can be a "note on" or "note off" event, or a MIDI control message, or both at the same time.

You can read about how articulations can be set up in a text file here:
http://www.musicdevelopments.com/wiki/d ... iculations

I think in this case it is best if you see the strumming visually, so create a phrase that contains just a C0 note (as an absolute note) and name it "Strumming". You can insert and conveniently resize this phrase as you wish.

I would be happy to improve the Strumming variation if you tell me your requirements.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Attila,

Thanks for the reply and the awesome product. It sounds like I was going down the right path using a phrase for a trigger note.

I didn't mean to imply that the strumming variation is inadequate, for what it does. I was just wondering if there was a good way to create strumming patterns in RC, instead of using those supplied/created in the strumming engine in Orange Tree samples, for example or creating a custom phrase in RC. I may be off base here, as I'm just a fledgling guitar player, but I could see real value in an RC generator that automatically creates guitar strumming patterns. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that any of the existing generators really have that ability, but I may be wrong.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”