Humanize and Quantize

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Do Humanize and Quantize Functions exist in the Phrase Editor?

Tiger

There is Quantize available:

You can add the Humanize variation to phrases or tracks. It is non-destructive as all other variations, which means you can experiment with different settings or disable the variation temporarily, all these without changing the original notes.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Oh, I apologize, I should have found the Quantize option....I looked at the Note menu, but just forgot to go to settings.

But I was really after Humanize....I have a track where a good player played something in and I have to change a few notes. I have the right notes now but they sound very stiff compared to the rest of the track.

How do you add the Humanize?...I looked quickly through Misc and settings. Why is it hidden? What is the trick?

Tiger

it's a track or phrase variation..

BlueGenes,

Thanks. I ready Attila's words, but didn't really understand. Since first exploring, I haven't been back to the Variations menu.

Most helpful! (I really want it on the Note Level, unfortunately....but I already have that in the DAW).

I am trying to stay in RC for as long as I can without moving to DAW....

Thanks

Hi tigerintheboat,

Humanize always works on notes. If you add the Humanize variation to a track, all notes in the track are affected. If you add it to a phrase, all notes in the phrase a 'humanized'. I have a better, more natural Humanize algorithm in my mind, I know that the filtered noise method is patented but there are other good ones.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”