feeding RAPID COMPOSER with different music genres

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a way to "feed" RC with a source of midi files from different genres so it creates melody and phrases based on the genres that you choose from? thank you :)

Not at the moment, but some kind of neural network will be added in an early v4.X version which will let you analyze/learn existing styles, and create similar phrases and melodies.

Welcome to this forum :)
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hello apologize ,i didnt know how to create a new post, heres is my 2 questions,

1. Is there a way to save chords from a midi file and save those chords to your own chords group?
2How to harmonize a melody using exactly those chords that i have extracted from the MIDI FILE from question 1? THANK YOU so much for your help, have a great day sir. :)

Hello dsdaniel,

1. Yes, it is possible to save chords from a MIDI file.
You need to load the file first (on the MIDI Import page, chords are analysed here), then select all chords on the master track (select the first chord, shift click on the last one you want to save), then right-click on a chord to open the the master track inspector, then click on the button "Save Selected Chords As Progression". You can enter a group name here, and a name for the progression. This will save the progression in the Progression Browser, where you can drag and drop on a composition anytime.

2. The Melody Generator is the only phrase generator that creates something from the master track chords. So make an empty composition (or use the one you imported), add a new track for the melody. Add the Melody Generator at the beginning. Resize it by dragging the right edge, use 'Regenerate' as the resizing mode. Right clicking on it will let you change its settings and regenerate the melody if you don't like it.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

>>>some kind of neural network will be added in an early v4.X version

Wow, that sounds great. I often want to replicate a mood, style, or phrase as a first step.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”