RapidComposer v4 beta feedback and discussion (locked)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Great. I can report the files now load!

Still, can't hear any audio at the composition level when I press play.

If I'm auditioning chords in a chord selector, I hear them OK.

Any suggestions how to proceed?

RapidComposer v4.0b2 is available!

In order to stop seeing soundfonts and soundfont presets twice, please remove the duplicate soundfonts from RapidComposerV3 under Settings / Soundfonts tab.
Also your old rcINST and rcCTRL files were not moved to the new RapidComposerV4 folder.
Alternatively you can delete the settings file in RapidComposerV4/Settings and start RapidComposer which will take care of copying the necessary files.

Improvements:
  • "Select Line/Part and Enable Loop" option added to "When zooming into lines/parts". This also works in the structure editor
  • Both the normal and selected icon colors can be set
  • An issue of multiple soundfonts is fixed as a result of importing the V3 settings
  • Old rcCTRL and rcINST files copied to the new RapidComposerV4 folder when importing V3 settings
  • Fixed: loading saved compositions works now
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

One more question Attila, when is the planned release, if everything goes as planned? I have already put aside the money, but I don't have the time to download and test the beta versions :D
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

November 16th is the date...
No problem if you can't test the beta versions.
Thanks,
Attila

sj1 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:28 pm Still, can't hear any audio at the composition level when I press play.

Can you describe what I should do step by step in order to reproduce this?
Are you on Windows or macOS? When I create a new composition and use some soundfonts, it works here.
Maybe the issue is with MIDI channels. I removed the 'auto' MIDI channel which made no sense.

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:10 pm November 16th is the date...
No problem if you can't test the beta versions.
Thanks,
Attila
Thanks again :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

musicdevelopments wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:14 pm
sj1 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:28 pm Still, can't hear any audio at the composition level when I press play.

Can you describe what I should do step by step in order to reproduce this?
Are you on Windows or macOS? When I create a new composition and use some soundfonts, it works here.
Maybe the issue is with MIDI channels. I removed the 'auto' MIDI channel which made no sense.

Thanks,
Attila
Hi. This is with Win 10 standalone. There are no steps to reproduce. Previews sound, playback does not - in all cases.

I'm also seeing in the Phrase Editor (sometimes) that the sweep of the vertical line erases all the notes beneath it until it hits the end of the loop and starts over, at which point the notes pop back into existence.

OK, here is an interesting observation - during playback (at the Composition level, which is silent, as I say) if I drag a track's Volume slider (not the Audio Gain, the Volume) then WHILE I'm dragging it I can hear the track. As soon as I let go, the track is silent again.

A minor suggestion - Since many of us will need to run both v3 and v4 for some time to come, making the v4 desktop icon visually different from the v3 desktop icon would be nice.

No SF sound. 4.02.

Preview SF sound works, but not SF playback. Mac OS . 4.02.

I can get piano sound in phrase editor but not in Composition. Saving and re-loading works. Strange set of default colours.

I also can confirm that the sf2 piano does sound on composition if the volume slider is being moved at the time the note should be played. But only under those conditions is a sound produced.

I’m on a MacBook Pro OSX 10.15.6. Ver 4.02b 64bit.
Last edited by bagelfish on Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Track Templates also do not work.

Unfortunately, the folder selection in the file browser options does not work yet.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”