Moog Slim Phatty wavetables

Official support for: sonigen.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ingonator wrote:Based on another thread here and the help file of Sonigen Modular i just found how to use the right mouse button in the FFT window.
This way you could expand the harmonics used in the FFT analysis. I'll check if this could be also helpful for the Slim Phatty wavetables i already published. If yes i'll publish an update here.

UPDATE:
Changing the range of the harmonics with the right mouse button has a big influence on the sound in higher octaves so i'll maybe publish another update soon. This seems to be most important for the Sawtooth waveform. Anyway the wavetables already sound good now but i want to get it as close as possible to the original sample.
I am using a free Signal Analyzer now to check the waveform which makes it much easier to find the correct setting.

Ingo
I have corrected the settings for the harmonics now and checked the resulting waveforms with a Signal analyzer. I have also corrected the two test presets with the updated wavetables.

You could download the updated version here:
EDIT: Included in the Sonigen Modular installer now.

Another change is that morphing (with "Wav" knob) in the single waveforms works from the highest FFT size (16382) to the lowest (2048) now.

BTW this way i got a much better result with a Virus TI sample (done myself) i already tried. By enhancing the harmonic range this sounds much more like the original sample. I'll publish a wavetable of it when i'm finished.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

thanks Ingo :tu:

Totolitoto wrote:thanks Ingo :tu:
You're welcome. :)

Now that i found how to fully use the FFT editor some other samples i already checked seem to work too now.
This includes a Hypesaw sample from a Virus TI and another one of my Blofeld presets, a nice Synth Strings. With an additional Chorus FX (which was used in the original preset) it sounds close to the original Synth Strings now. I have used a bigger part of the original sample and try to pick the best part with the selector in the wavetable editor using different FFT sizes.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
Gonga wrote:Thanks Ingo! Are these just for the Sonigen Modular?
Hi,

AFAIK this format is only for Sonigen Modular.

Ingo
Only for Sonigen... any way to get them to work in Synthmaster? :hyper:

Examigan wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
Gonga wrote:Thanks Ingo! Are these just for the Sonigen Modular?
Hi,

AFAIK this format is only for Sonigen Modular.

Ingo
Only for Sonigen... any way to get them to work in Synthmaster? :hyper:
No, not AFAIK but i'll do a bank for Synthmaster which will include either multiple Single Cycle waves or multisamples of the Slim Phatty samples (and others maybe).
Anyway first i'll try this in Alchemy which works better in terms of sample import. I have tried several softsynths for importing the Slim Phatty samples but in Alchemy they seem to sound best so far.
In Alchemy for a single waveform i use 24-bit, 44.1 kHz samples with 9 octaves and 3 samples in each octave (= 27 samples with attack part and loop).

Anyway based on the fact that the imported waveform in Sonigen Modular is much less complex the result sounds really great and uses a minimum amount of memory, especially when you delete the sample after it is imported. In my wavetables the samples are still included so people could choose a differnt FFT size and sample region if they like.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote: No, not AFAIK but i'll do a bank for Synthmaster which will include either multiple Single Cycle waves or multisamples of the Slim Phatty samples (and others maybe).
Hi Ingo,

The multisampled SFZ you sent me work in SynthMaster without any issues, just to let you know :wink:

kv331 wrote:
Ingonator wrote: No, not AFAIK but i'll do a bank for Synthmaster which will include either multiple Single Cycle waves or multisamples of the Slim Phatty samples (and others maybe).
Hi Ingo,

The multisampled SFZ you sent me work in SynthMaster without any issues, just to let you know :wink:
Hi Bulent,

i'll check them again soon.

The problem was that some samples were not playing at the correct tune or not correctly in a chromatic row. There were also some clicks when playing fast notes which i did not get in the original samples. Both problems i did not get when playing the samples in Alchemy.

Besides this the way Sonigen Modular could import samples by FFT analysis is quite interesting and needs very few memory. It seems to be comparable to the additive import in Alchemy and IL Harmor but not exactly as Sonigen Modular does not use envelopes etc. like a normal additive synth.
It will be also interesting to create wavetables with several different waveforms. The first of this kind is a wavetable i did based on three different waveforms of the Slim Phatty.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Where's the download link?

sp4rx wrote:Where's the download link?
As mentioned in the OP the wavetables should be included with the installer now.
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Sonigen”