Program Change Messages

Official support for: sonigen.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Chris,

Sonigen is an absolutely fantastic program and my thanks for allowing us to try it out for free.

I've done a brief search of the forum but I can't find any mention of how to get Sonigen to respond to Program Change messages. I'm using Reaper and I can use the Controllers for filter settings etc. just fine but Sonigen doesn't respond to PCMs naturally like my other soft synths do. I'm probably just being thick and missed something obvious.

Thanks in advance for any info.

decaff

Hi Decaff,

Sorry but it doesn't handle program change messages yet. I think you're the first person to make the request since it wasn't already on the todo list, but it is now.

I'm not sure how to handle it to be honest since i dont have fixed banks like some synths. I guess it would need to have bank folders, so you'd index the bank, and then index the patch within that folder.

Plus it'll take a fair amount of work since loading patches can be a bit cpu intensive and involve a lot of memory allocation. So i cant just do this in the host callback thread, it'd have to be off loaded to a proxy thread. So it's bit more complicated than perhaps it seems.

thanks,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Im happy to read this, Ive been enjoying Sonigen immensely, was excited at the idea of using it for patching live but sadly found it ignoring PC. It wouldnt really be a major hassle choosing patches from the dropdown, so VoltKitchen's Arppe2600 won that coin toss. I would rather patch with cables than dropdown menus so whenever you're done implementing that its got a nice cozy home already waiting :D

I mean, a second home, its already moved in and leaves socks all over my studio work :)

Return to “Sonigen”