Waveform Problem Plugins

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone, over the next few weeks we're going to be focusing on plugin compatibility as it appears there have been some regressions since T7.

I'll be trying to collate the issues posted here with status updates as we fix things so you can verify they work on your system as well as ours.

If you experience issues or crashes please either post your log files here (or send them to support) so we can get right to the root of the problem. Please also give a description of the problem and what architecture (32/64 bit) and plugin format you're using (VST/VST3/AU).

Windows
Overloud TH3 VST3 64-bit Win 8 - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=482754&p=6756228#p6756228
Hangs Waveform UI when the plugin interface is shown.
VST2 version works correctly.
UI loads in T7 but doesn't produce sound.

Slate Trigger 2 - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=482061&p=6744803&h ... 2#p6744803
VST crashes with BSOD

PluginAlliance MegaSingle - This thread
VST64bit randomly crashes Tracktion on Win10
The VST3 version produces silence as long as the preamp is enabled.

Mac
Waldorf Largo (1.7.1) & PPG Wave 3 VST 64-bit
Crash when deleted from a track

Circle 2 AU 64-bit
Takes several minutes to load

Tyrell N6
Excessive amount of stuck notes

Still going 'poof' when deleting Largo or PPGWave VST2s from a track as reported here (I emailed you a logfile at that time)

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=482274

Win 8.1 x64
Small bug:
Noticed on my system, that in the Waveform Low/High- Pass Filter, the enabled button does not hold its "enabled statues white dot"
when you move away to other plugins and come back. even though it is still enabled.
Windows 10 / Intel core i7 2700k @ 3.50GHz / 16GB Ram / Emu 1212m Sound Card / Ati Radeon HD5400 Series G/Card

aMUSEd wrote:Still going 'poof' when deleting Largo or PPGWave VST2s from a track as reported here (I emailed you a logfile at that time)

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=482274
I've downloaded the trials of these plugins but can't replicate the crashes. Both get deleted fine for me.
The only thing I can think of is that (1) I'm running macOS 10.12.4, (2) the trial versions are slightly behind the full versions (Largo is 1.7.0, PPG Wave 3.V is 1.2.0, from your log, these both have a .1 at the end).

Ah slight problem - I'm running Waldorf betas.

aMUSEd wrote:Ah slight problem - I'm running Waldorf betas.
Ah. Could you try the release versions of one of them and see if it still crashes or if it's a problem with the Waldorf betas?

In Waveform 64 on Windows 10, both the VST2 and VST3 versions of Rapture Pro take more than 2 minutes to launch. (By comparision, Iris 2 launches in 3 seconds on my system).

Log file attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Radeon Pro 580 8 GB
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen
Waveform 11 Pro/Studio One Pro 3.5

dRowAudio wrote:
Ah. Could you try the release versions of one of them and see if it still crashes or if it's a problem with the Waldorf betas?
OK just tried that, still crashing. Maybe the demo is different then. The release is 1.7.1 (for Largo)

aMUSEd wrote:
dRowAudio wrote:
OK just tried that, still crashing. Maybe the demo is different then. The release is 1.7.1 (for Largo)
Thanks, I've requested a release copy from Waldorf. Hopefully they'll get back to me tomorrow.

I forget the KVR username but Slate Digitals Trigger2 doesn't work with Tracktion7 or Waveform ....

fedexnman wrote:I forget the KVR username but Slate Digitals Trigger2 doesn't work with Tracktion7 or Waveform ....
I contacted Slate about this and they said they had a fix coming in a future update. Did this ever land?

dRowAudio wrote:
fedexnman wrote:I forget the KVR username but Slate Digitals Trigger2 doesn't work with Tracktion7 or Waveform ....
I contacted Slate about this and they said they had a fix coming in a future update. Did this ever land?
Here is the thread viewtopic.php?f=22&t=482061&p=6744803&h ... 2#p6744803

dRowAudio wrote:
Slate just issued an update for Trigger 2 a few weeks ago (Trigger 1 works fine), but same thing. In Tracktion 4,5,6,7 and Waveform, Trigger 2 crashes (blue screen of death crash). I hope Slate and Tracktion developers are talking to each other. I would love to get this issue resolved so I can go back to using Tracktion, or Waveform exclusively.

Could this thread please be made a sticky? I have a number of plugins that don't work and until I coincidentally stumbled upon this thread had no idea where or how to report them.

(The first thing I hab been doing is to look att the stickies)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

First of all thanks for making this thread a sticky!

PluginAlliance MegaSingle VST64bit randomly crashes Tracktion on Win10.

The VST3 version produces silence as long as the preamp is enabled.

a crash dump can be found here:

https://ufile.io/u7ppy
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Tracktion”