FR: Save "Supported Control Surface" as templates for custom control surfaces

Discussion about: tracktion.com
clueless
KVRAF
5740 posts since 10 Mar, 2003 from Music Shed #3

Post Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:31 am

I came across this post from 18 months ago:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=498493

Thread title: "I have a Behringer X-touch wich is a clone of the Mackie Control Universal..."
tamoore wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:59 am
But some of the button assignments just don't make sense to me. I'd like to edit the assignments of some of the controls rather than go through the process of creating a whole new controller. Is there any way to do this? If there is, I can't find it, and if there isn't, it's a feature I'd like to request for an upcoming version.
I've paraphrased the OP in this thread title. I'd like to be able to modify a copy of the MCU controller assignments without having to start from scratch. It's not really even a feature request - please could you share the supported control surface settings so that we can import them and edit them? Pretty please? xxx

Also, do the user assignable controls support button combinations/sequences? (Example, my controller has a dedicated EQ section with one knob each for frequency, gain and EQ. The frequency band is selected by buttons for low, low-mid, high-mid and high.)

clueless
KVRAF

Re: FR: Save "Supported Control Surface" as templates for custom control surfaces

Post Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:50 am

BUMP.

Pleeease could you provide the "Supported Control Surface" configurations as templates!

FigBug
KVRist
390 posts since 3 May, 2005 from Victoria, BC

Re: FR: Save "Supported Control Surface" as templates for custom control surfaces

Post Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:03 am

That isn't really possible. The MCU is custom implementation that supports a lot of different modes and behaviors. A lot of these can't be replicated in the MIDI/OSC controllers that are a 1-to-1 mapping between MIDI messages and features in Waveform.

clueless
KVRAF

Post Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:17 am

I'd be happy to take my chances :)

Return to “Tracktion”