Waveform 11.1.21 Public Beta (Experimental engine fixes)

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone, just a quick note that Waveform 11.1.21 is now available as public beta which addresses some of the issues flagged since 11.1.17.

Code: Select all

11.1.21:
- Engine:           [Experimental] Fixed an issue with PDC if multiple latency introducing plugins are added after an aux return

11.1.20:
- Engine:           Ensured PDC is recalculated as soon as a plugin changes its reported latency
- Engine:           Fixed a problem where PDC wouldn't be correctly compensated for when enabling/disabling plugins
- Engine:           [Experimental] Fixed a problem rendering tracks that have other tracks as their destinations
- Plugins:          Fixed a problem where 4OSC wouldn't restore parameter values correctly if they had modifiers
- Plugins:          Fixed a problem restoring modified parameter if the plugin introduced latency

11.1.19:
- Clips:            Fixed a crash that could happen if a file with more than two channels is time-stretched

11.1.18:
- Browser:          Fixed a potential crash changing browser items quickly
- Browser:          Fixed a crash that happened when dragging section headers
- Engine:           [Experimental] Fixed a problem where master volume would be applied to track renders

was SOUL plugin support intended to be removed?

--double post--

Thnak you very much for add this option (Low latency mode)! this solved the issue I was having with my DAC/Interface and some plugins, now it's working really good with WASAPI!

Good job team, keep going like this!

There's just one problem with this 11.1.21 Public Beta, I can't change the sample rate anymore, it's get stuck on 48000hz (in any option of "Windows Audio"), and in Low Latency Mode I can't change the audio buffer size, is that a normal behavior now?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

@JohnNoizz can I clarify if the buffer size is adjustable in any of the other device types? E.g. "Windows Audio" or "Windows Audio (Exclusive)"?

And just to clarify what you already wrote, the sample rate is now fixed for all Windows Audio device types where as before you could change it?

If you change the sample rate on your hardware device, does Waveform update to reflect that?

JamminFool wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:02 pm was SOUL plugin support intended to be removed?
Sorry, there was a mismatch between the SOUL API and libraries being used. We'll get that fixed asap.

dRowAudio wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:31 am
JamminFool wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:02 pm was SOUL plugin support intended to be removed?
Sorry, there was a mismatch between the SOUL API and libraries being used. We'll get that fixed asap.
:tu:

dRowAudio wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:30 am @JohnNoizz can I clarify if the buffer size is adjustable in any of the other device types? E.g. "Windows Audio" or "Windows Audio (Exclusive)"?

And just to clarify what you already wrote, the sample rate is now fixed for all Windows Audio device types where as before you could change it?

If you change the sample rate on your hardware device, does Waveform update to reflect that?
Yes, in "Windows Audio" and "Windows Audio (Exclusive)" I can change the buffer size but in "Windows Audio (Low Latency Mode)" I can't, it's fixed to 480 samples at 48000hz sample rate...

And yes, if I change the settings of my device on Windows control panel for example from 48000hz to 44100hz it changes on Waveform too, this is on the 3 options of Windows Audio, but, before this beta with the option "Windows Audio" and "Windows Audio (Exclusive)" I could change the sample rate directly on Waveform

In .21, notes disappear in the MIDI editor when I drag them around. Control-drag copy still works, but let go of the Ctrl key and *poof*!
Downgraded to .17.

ForrestH wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:08 am In .21, notes disappear in the MIDI editor when I drag them around. Control-drag copy still works, but let go of the Ctrl key and *poof*!
Yeah. And no one had found it :)

ForrestH wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:08 am In .21, notes disappear in the MIDI editor when I drag them around. Control-drag copy still works, but let go of the Ctrl key and *poof*!
Downgraded to .17.
Do remember that if it's labelled as a beta, it's for testing. We shouldn't be working on anything critical in a beta.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

(I found them again: they were all piled up in a column at the left of the clip.)

ForrestH wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:43 pm (I found them again: they were all piled up in a column at the left of the clip.)
I suspect you dragged the notes outside of the length of the clip? It would be nice if the notes outside of the midi clip would show as grey so we know they are there but not part of the clip.

Thanks, the MIDI issue should be fixed in 11.1.25 along with some meter and transport alignment improvements: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=553762

Return to “Tracktion”