Toned-MAX v3 crashing Steinberg WaveLab 10

Official support for: lvcaudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for releasing Toned-MAX v3!

When using it in Steinberg WaveLab, it causes WaveLab 10 to crash. Any action taken in Toned-MAX v3 causes WaveLab to crash.

I will look into it. Do you have any other Steinberg software? I wonder if it is WaveLab-specific?

Thank you for your quick response. I haven't had time to test in other Steinberg platforms.

I just updated Toned-MAX (as well as some other plugins). I think the new update should fix your issue. If it doesn't, let me know and I will try to figure out what is happening.

Thank you for the updates. Here's what happens in WaveLab Pro 10.0.50 with the recently-updated plugins:

Clipped-MAX 2.1.8 VST2: No issues detected so far.
Clipped-MAX 2.1.8 VST3: No issues detected so far.
Limited-Z 2.1.8 VST2: No issues detected so far.
Limited-Z 2.1.8 VST3: Crashes WaveLab 10 immediately on instantiation.
LVC-Meter 1.0.10 VST2: No issues detected so far.
LVC-Meter 1.0.10 VST3: No issues detected so far.
Toned-MAX 3.0.4 VST2: No issues detected so far.
Toned-MAX 3.0.4 VST3: Will instantiate in WaveLab 10 but crashes WaveLab in use (for example, adjusting EQ nodes).

I was able to find a similar issue with Cubase 10 and the VST3 version of Toned-MAX. I got a crash whenever the EQ node was moved for certain filters. I just updated the download files on the website (they are the same version number, but the code was just built today).

I hope this fixes Toned-MAX. I will have to do more investigation with Limited-Z.

Thank you for your continued efforts on this - much appreciated!

Downloaded your update from today and encountered the same crash issue in WaveLab using Toned-MAX VST3.

the same happened to me in reaper until the update. that seems to be more stable. i'm loving this eq man. quickly becoming my new go to. the algorithms are amazing, it was just a matter of cleaning things up. fantastic eq here.

There is another version (3.0.5) on the website. This version is more stable in my tests, especially with VST3. I hope it will work with your setup. Please let me know.

VST2 and VST3 version 3.0.5 crashes REAPER for me when moving a node after a short while on the default preset. Happens even on an empty track without the transport playing.

yellowmix wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:03 am VST2 and VST3 version 3.0.5 crashes REAPER for me when moving a node after a short while on the default preset. Happens even on an empty track without the transport playing.
What operating system are you using?

Windows 10 20H2 19042.685 i7 / Nvidia GTX 1660

They also hang Cubase.

yellowmix wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:03 am VST2 and VST3 version 3.0.5 crashes REAPER for me when moving a node after a short while on the default preset. Happens even on an empty track without the transport playing.
Same here when moving node.

Windows 10, Maschine 2

It crashes reaper when you choose one of the presets from the menu bar up top and start playing with it. it doesn't seem to do it if you choose one of the lower presets, from the preset menu. you just need to get it cleaned up man. Thanks for the upgrade.
Last edited by Dasheesh on Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

In some cases, folks may be grabbing filter nodes and throwing them around, not realizing that they are dbl locked. the gain may be locked at 6 db, and they are trying to rip it to 30. it gets wonky when you do stuff like that.

Return to “LVC-Audio”