New Synth K-700, available soon

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)

Would you like to own this softsynth?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 08, 2002 2:00 am

Yes
38%
No
35%
Not Bothered
27%

Total votes: 26

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah, a lot of this was done from memory so if you can help me with remembering how some of the envelope controls worked in real life I will make the ammendments.. I half remembered that the decay and sustain controls meant different things to what they do these days, any light you could throw on this would be very helpful, (I was quite pleased with how the filters turned out btw)

thx 4 the feedback :D

Oh geez I can't even remember the model name of the thing.It seems to sound very much as I remember except as I said the legato which I could swear I remember it having.But don't hold me to that I wouldn't swear in court.Our resident Old Synth Expert Scot Solida(I mean the synths are old not Scot)would know.He knows everything about the retro boards- well most everything anyway. :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Has Scot Solida picked up this thread?, (I note that he had dloaded the demo). If so can you offer any advice over the envelope modes?
THX in advance

Ian, I've just e-mailed you to find out how I might help... :D
There are rocketships outside of my window. Really: www.cosmo.org
www.theelectronicgarden.com

Gotcha

I see alot of people are developing new synths which is great but I'm wondering if anyone has some new effects vst in the works.
I know there are quite a few already but I could stand to play with a few new oddities like robobear and strangled cat.

just a wish

Your wish may yet be granted..

The full version of K-700 (with improved repeat function) is available for purchase now at http://www.ianweb.dial.pipex.com Many thanks to the 100s of users who have already taken the trouble to download the demo and to those that have given me positive feedback about this synth...

Your quite low charging for it. Since synthedit is free. It is really shitty to do things for free and others profit from your good intention.

I'm not too sure how to read this, are you saying that I am quite low because I am charging for it?

Bluey: I don't see anything wrong with charging for a Synth Edit creation... if you don't like it, just build it yourself... ;)

Rubbish. Synth Edit is a set of tools to be used to create with. My paintbrushes are tools with which I create. If soemone gives them to me free, am I less entitled to be paid for my work? No, and Ian is just as entitled to be paid for his efforts. Also, Jeff (Synth Edit's creaotr) has had no problem whatsover with people doing so. Hey, by your logic, if you make a record with Triangle II, I expect a free copy.
There are rocketships outside of my window. Really: www.cosmo.org
www.theelectronicgarden.com

Oh BTW I have paid to register my copy of Synthedit, and Jeff is well aware that I will be willing to pay more if it is required. This was sort of touched on in the Stinger thread also..

I have not tried this VST. So I will not comment on that ;)

But remember that guy who was selling that piece of crap? As long as the synths are good I see no problem, but there will be ALOT fo people trying to make money on their own litlle creations.

Opps. Got to download the demo!
I5-8600K, 16 GB, Presonus Audiobox USB 96, Fl Studio, Reason 11, Studio One 5 Artist.

scot ... as i am a fellow visual artist i cant add anything to your analogy but i wholeheartedly agree [and not just because im a wannabe synthedit developer too :wink: ] ...

bluey ... youre just plain wrong again ... synthedit is NOT free ... its shareware ... personally i own [and paid for] a registered 'developer' version of the app [and afaik ian has too] ... i therefore have no qualms about charging a small fee for my time and effort [and indeed it looks like inVECTion will not be freeware when it finally sees the light of day] ... it will still be less than many other commercial vsti ... i see a parallel between what people like me and ian do and the dash reaktor / sync stuff ... noone complains about paying for those [well ... maybe YOU do :D ] ...

... cheers :? rob

Return to “Modular Synthesis”