alpha forever...upcoming modular synth

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tl wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:48 pm Wondering where to find the 120 new presets...

Regards,
tl.
It’s not 120 new presets. It's just 120 presets now, it was a lot less before. Sorry if the features text was confusing.
Alpha Forever Modular
Web // Youtube // Facebook //
Instagram // Discord

9b0 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:28 am
tl wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:48 pm Wondering where to find the 120 new presets...

Regards,
tl.
It depends on your DAW. In Ableton Live you simply have to click on the bright area with the text 'Init', and you get to the preset browser.

Thanks.
OK, the presets are implemented in the plugin itself. Was looking for a pack of *.fxp files.

Regards,
tl.

Is this still windows only?

Charlie Firpo wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:00 pm I can't get it to work in StudioOne v3. It opens just fine, but StudioOne does not create any channel/output for the instrument. I downloaded the new StudioOne v4 demo (i've been on the fence about that one), but same result. =(
I did not notice if this has been solved, but it seems that you need to load the FX version of AF to get sound output in Studio One (4.6 in my case..) but it works that way.

Edit: Never mind... :) I should read further the posts...
{"panic_string":"BAD MAGIC! :shrug: (flag set in iBoot panic header), no macOS panic log available"} "Apple did not respond to a request for comment."

Yes, unfortunately i could never make it work in StudioOne, and got tired of waiting for Presonus to fix this issue (if they ever will), so i jumped ship. And boarded Cubase. StudioOne was a great Daw, but i felt at home pretty quickly with Cubase. And Alpha Forever works very nicely there!

Is there a download (demo) link anywhere on the site? Tried it on 2 separate browsers but can’t find a link. Looks pretty sweet, though.

satchnut wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:44 am Is there a download (demo) link anywhere on the site? Tried it on 2 separate browsers but can’t find a link. Looks pretty sweet, though.
Hi! There's a download link right below the hero image next to the store link. The reason you may not see it, is that it's hidden on mobile / tablet window sizes, but it's there.

There's another demo link by the documentation / system requirements section lower on the page (also hidden on mobile devices).
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

Ah! Indeed, the site otherwise works fine on mobile—just no “download” button.

My music PC is an offline machine, so I use my smartphone to browse and download (to then sync with my PC later).

If I could offer a suggestion... Since I’ve never seen a problem downloading from vendor’s sites onto a smartphone, for the mobile version of the site, maybe you guys could reenable the “download” button while including some red text somewhere, saying, “This site works best on desktop” or something?

Even if you’d rather not show the download button on the mobile version, I think it still would be helpful to include some kind of message; otherwise, it just seems like the page is broken. :tu:

satchnut wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:54 am Ah! Indeed, the site otherwise works fine on mobile—just no “download” button.

My music PC is an offline machine, so I use my smartphone to browse and download (to then sync with my PC later).

If I could offer a suggestion... Since I’ve never seen a problem downloading from vendor’s sites onto a smartphone, for the mobile version of the site, maybe you guys could reenable the “download” button while including some red text somewhere, saying, “This site works best on desktop” or something?

Even if you’d rather not show the download button on the mobile version, I think it still would be helpful to include some kind of message; otherwise, it just seems like the page is broken. :tu:
Thanks for your feedback!

I've updated the site, you should be able to see the download button now on every device. Maybe the design won't be perfect everywhere yet, but the download demo links should be visible. I'll be able to solve the rest later. :) Hope, you'll have fun with the demo!
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

Awesome. Thanks! :D

Taking it for a quick spin, and I really like the attention to workflow, especially how easy it is to add a module in between two existing modules. Really nice touch.

Question: Are there plans to add MIDI out? Maybe this is meant to be more a synthesizer designer than a full-blown modular studio, but, just curious. :)

satchnut wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:39 am Awesome. Thanks! :D

Taking it for a quick spin, and I really like the attention to workflow, especially how easy it is to add a module in between two existing modules. Really nice touch.

Question: Are there plans to add MIDI out? Maybe this is meant to be more a synthesizer designer than a full-blown modular studio, but, just curious. :)
Yes, our goal is to create a tool that makes it possible to create any kind of synthetic sound or effect. If someone wants to control hardware using AF, there's 8 audio outputs that can be used for that, so it should not be a problem to use it as a utility in the modular rack. To use AF as a MIDI processor, i think the sample rate only processing makes it an overkill.
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

General question to the devs: It has been a bit quiet for the last months. Could you give the users of your great tool some information on what is planned for the rest of 2020? I think I might not be the only one interested in this.

Stay healthy, have fun, all of you.

ralfrobert wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 10:52 am General question to the devs: It has been a bit quiet for the last months. Could you give the users of your great tool some information on what is planned for the rest of 2020? I think I might not be the only one interested in this.

Stay healthy, have fun, all of you.
We are a bit less active on Youtube and social media due to family reasons. I'm in a situation where it's hard to find time to produce the noding videos. I hope, this situation will change soon, but for the time being i cannot promise more, than that i'll try to do noding sessions again as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience and understanding!

There's lots of new things in development now. A new release will come in 1-2 weeks (the release candidate is being tested now, we are working on the release related things in paralell (videos, manual refresh...)). We released a new official build in April after almost a year. We had to finalize and test many things to make this release, and so we had to hold back things we where working on already. The next release is going to include most of those, so it wont be a dev. build either. Many things changed and got a lot more advanced since then, and it's important that the demo users experience more or less the same shiny features that the next release is going to bring.

There's no concrete roadmap for the year, and basically nothing is carved into stone (except that we develop Alpha on a daily basis). We only know what's coming in the next release, and we know what we have and can't fit it inside the next release yet (so they will go into the later ones).

The next release is going to have huge UI fixes and enhancements, a new filter, workflow enhancements and a node that i was missing for years. Maybe we will include VST3 as a development version for the time being. During the summer we will have a nodeboom. We are prototyping 16 new nodes already, each with it's own UI. These are going to be complex nodes, and should be fun to use.

I hope, this clears up a bit on what you can expect.
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

Thanks for the information. This sounds promising! As I already said, the product is already a lot of fun to play with and provides a great approach to sound design. Furthermore, the audio quality of what can be done with it is stellar. At least for my ears :-)

Of course, I am looking forward to watching new noding sessions. But family first ... and the times are not easy ones for all of us anyway.

Have a good time.

Since it's official on their facebook page. I guess i can bump this thread a bit. Guys, lots of exiting stuff coming up. (Check out their fb) I always liked the main tone of their software. You know what i mean. Every synth/software got its sound. And Alpha Forever also got its own sound, and i like it very much. The envelopes are very sharp. The upcoming release is something looking forward to!

Return to “Modular Synthesis”