Novation Remote SL MkII support is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Bitwigglers!

I implemented a controller script which allows to use the Novation Remote SL MkII controller series with Bitwig.

Get the latest stable release from: http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html

There is also an in-depth tutorial video available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-07hKT ... X9qGWuEeNm

Enjoy!
Last edited by moss on Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Awesome! :tu:

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

Moss, thank you so much for preparing this script. :tu:

I use the ZeRO model SL MKII and look forward to getting this day job done to be able to dl and test your script.

Looks like you put a considerable amount of effort into this.

Speaking for the community of SL users - Thank You!

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

MANY THANKS!!! :hyper: :hyper:

(Edited):

First test with the right i/o seems to be working rather nicely :D

So many thanks again :tu: :hyper: :wheee: :clap: :party: :hug: :hail: :hyper:

May I make a request or report a "bug"* 8) ?

The knobs, like the faders are touch sensitive, it is possible that by just touching to show the parameters that are currently assigned, like with the faders, just by touching without changing anything it shows the track name and volume, it would be cool if the same happens with the knobs.

Thanks!

*I say bug because it is the way it works with the faders, it seems really great so for :wink:

pc999 wrote: The knobs, like the faders are touch sensitive, it is possible that by just touching to show the parameters that are currently assigned, like with the faders, just by touching without changing anything it shows the track name and volume, it would be cool if the same happens with the knobs.
Every GitHub repository has its own bug tracker: https://github.com/git-moss/SLMkII4Bitwig/issues

Regarding your problem: It should work that way but I noticed that the device does not always send a touch event :( Therefore, you have to select the row or change the value to make the display change.

A small update for the script:
- Autodetect is now working (thanks to Tom for the hint!) on Windows

Please test on Mac and Linux. If it not works please tell me the exact names of the midi ports so I can add them.

I just come back from the office where my test wasn't very successful. It's an old SL MKII, not sure if that is the problem?
A script file was missing (both in the version from Github and from your website) cursorClipProxy.js
I tried moving the missing file from Push in and then it worked some (autodetection too), although not fully: I could either have working knobs or a working keyboard, depending on which Input port was on top in preferences, but not both.
Transport also didn't work.
I didn't test more since I had to move on.
The Keyboard is a bit too heavy to carry by hand, so I didn't take it with me ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

ThomasHelzle wrote: A script file was missing (both in the version from Github and from your website) cursorClipProxy.js
Ups, fixed. The Push file is the same.
ThomasHelzle wrote:I tried moving the missing file from Push in and then it worked some (autodetection too), although not fully: I could either have working knobs or a working keyboard, depending on which Input port was on top in preferences, but not both.
2nd port needs to be first. Try a clean restart.

I will next time I'm near the Keyboard ;-)

Cheers,

Tom

moss wrote:A small update for the script:
- Autodetect is now working (thanks to Tom for the hint!) on Windows

Please test on Mac and Linux. If it not works please tell me the exact names of the midi ports so I can add them.

Thanks!

I have tested it on Linux and it is almost working (I will try on Windows later), but instead of showing the touched knobs it only shows the last row of used knobs, ie, if I use the 1º row of knobs then use the mixer, then I touch the 2º row of knobs but it shows the 1º row of knobs.

It is almost there, great work!

(PS: want me to post this on the bug tracker?)

pc999 wrote:instead of showing the touched knobs it only shows the last row of used knobs, ie, if I use the 1º row of knobs then use the mixer, then I touch the 2º row of knobs but it shows the 1º row of knobs.
As I wrote before the touch events are not (always) sent. Only the sliders worked for me. There is nothing I can do about it.
You have to select the row or start modifying a parameter.

moss wrote:
pc999 wrote:instead of showing the touched knobs it only shows the last row of used knobs, ie, if I use the 1º row of knobs then use the mixer, then I touch the 2º row of knobs but it shows the 1º row of knobs.
As I wrote before the touch events are not (always) sent. Only the sliders worked for me. There is nothing I can do about it.
You have to select the row or start modifying a parameter.

Many thanks. It is a great job!

Heya Moss this is great thank you.
I tried it yesterday and it kept freezing on particular function groups, but today it's working fine? Must be my SL or computer...
The only function that isn't working for me is the "NEW" button ("creates a new clip on the selected track and slot, starts play and enables overdub"), this button doesn't respond - again, might be my SL.

More than anything this has made me realise the potential of controller scripts for something like the SL mkii with so many controls to customise, but with the LCD display to keep you from getting lost.

Thanks again,

TommyMotion wrote:The only function that isn't working for me is the "NEW" button ("creates a new clip on the selected track and slot, starts play and enables overdub")
Might be a focus problem. I can select a clip but it seems to have an additional focus. Try to click with the mouse on a slot and then try the key. It should work afterwards without the mouse.

Return to “Controller Scripting”