Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
icaria36
KVRist
Topic Starter
60 posts since 16 Jan, 2020

Post Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:58 am

Hi, it's been a month and here comes the new Bitwish report.

https://bitwish.top/t/bitwish-report-january-2022/2896

Bitwish is an open space of collaboration by and for Bitwig Studio lovers. We have a community wishlist and spaces for discussing presets, tutorials, music, and other Bitwig-related ideas.

minortom
KVRist
270 posts since 18 Sep, 2020

Post Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:04 am

A more interesting report would be which features got implemented as a result of this.

SpaceCadetOnLeave
KVRist
187 posts since 6 Jun, 2018 from Berlin

Post Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:34 am

^^ yeah, and why suddenly listening to this bunch and not to other users? i mean, the rf's are an exact copy of what people are sending to BS for years now. :dog:

it's getting weird

Tj Shredder
KVRAF
7698 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Post Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:13 am

The news was interesting:
Jan 20
* First meeting with the Bitwig team.

But its only a headline. Any news about the result? I do live in Berlin as well, and would like to participate on the next meeting…

icaria36
KVRist
Topic Starter

Post Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:04 am

I'll reply with more time later, but let me just paste this reply I already shared on Reddit:

It was a good conversation with the kind and smart type of people you would expect from the team producing Bitwig. I answered their questions about the wishlist. They had good observations about risks and opportunities around it. I stressed that Bitwish´ top priority is to be useful to the Bitwig team, and that we can adapt it as needed. Nobody was expecting any agreements on the spot. Whatever it is, I hope to have more to share soon.

(It was an online meeting.)

icaria36
KVRist
Topic Starter

Post Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:15 am

Well I'll quickly comment on this one because maybe there is some confusion here.

> why suddenly listening to this bunch and not to other users?

Nobody is saying that the Bitwig team is listening here or not listening there. The Bitwig team has made very clear that if you want to submit feedback to them, the best way is to write to support@. And there are multiple records of people saying that they sent their feedback to support and they got an answer. They are clearly listening there.

Bitwish aims to be a complement to this official channel, a way for a community of volunteers to discuss and collaborate in ways that individual emails sent to a private mailbox cannot achieve. What place, if any, can Bitwish have in the Bitwig's team "listening"? This is to be seen. I'm personally hopeful because I believe that the Bitwig team does listen a lot and in many ways. There is a chance that a well organized community wishlist with good quantitative and qualitative participation brings something useful to them.

xbitz
KVRAF
3852 posts since 3 Oct, 2013 from Budapest

Post Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:18 am

I would only ask some similar roadmap as Reason has but without any order/date
the top part can be the same as the bottom one just with a list
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Tj Shredder
KVRAF

Post Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:32 am

The nice thing about Bitwish is the well thought out way of finding priorities in the community. Writing to support is the best way to explain a wish, but they would never be able to find out how important a feature is for a bigger audience. It will aid them and us as community as well… The sheer number of similar requests tells only a little about the importance of a request…
This is way better than surveys and such, because its community driven…

I understand that Bitwig does not publish road maps. It might just lead to frustration and unhealthy pressure if an implementation needs more time than anticipated…

pdxindy
KVRAF
21972 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Post Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:13 am

Tj Shredder wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:32 am I understand that Bitwig does not publish road maps. It might just lead to frustration and unhealthy pressure if an implementation needs more time than anticipated…
+1

I would rather Bitwig did not publish a roadmap. And since 2-3 times a year there is an update, when it is announced and beta testing soon starts, that is enough advanced notice for me.

Tj Shredder
KVRAF

Post Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:29 am

I look at any update within my plan as a gift. I am more curious about, what will be in there…

xbitz
KVRAF

Post Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:39 am

^^^ it was one side of an equation but almost sure that the forum would stop the whining once for all if would see the elements of the https://bitwish.top/votes on the list (or would stop the "subscription" depending on the elements of the list so yepp I can see the risky side too)

but at this moment only the uncertainty is certain this why bitwish has been started (IMO)

ps. anyway, with the Cubase color set which has been posted by antic604 Bitwig looks so astonishing that I wouldn't replace it anyway :love: and Bitwig supports Faderport best (except S1 ofc.)

antic604
Banned
11467 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:44 pm

xbitz wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:18 am I would only ask some similar roadmap as Reason has but without any order/date
the top part can be the same as the bottom one just with a list
We all know how it worked out... M1 and VST3 support both were moved to May '22 :D
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

xbitz
KVRAF

Post Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:00 pm

^^^ as usually this why no need for any date/order whatever just some list even without prios, just to see MSEG :D and able to sleep well

Dionysos
KVRist
359 posts since 26 Sep, 2007

Post Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:52 pm

You'll just start speculating about what's going to be put on the roadmap next rather than what's going to be put into the product. There's nothing in it for the developers.
Last edited by Dionysos on Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpaceCadetOnLeave
KVRist
187 posts since 6 Jun, 2018 from Berlin

Post Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:56 pm

it must be difficult for the people behind BS to place this initiative in a useful perspective.

what is a community...
a bunch of internet acquaintances with more time to php and/or to post (some 10000+) then to make use of the program to create music, teaming up for an internet school project copying forum content?

what the f*ck has voting to do with a good functioning DAW? who is voting? 25 forum dwellers with no references what so ever? what about the other 99,99% of users with no interest in daft and silly forum discussions?
that is not a well thought-out way. :dog:

if i was a DAW dev i would prioritize meeting real musicians in real live, looking at requests rising from the actual act of creating music und i would have my own database filled with requests from my user-base sent to me over the years in a way i wanted them to do, ranked by serious arguments, and not by votes.

it is not that they don't know what you all want, it's just not what they want, apparently

Return to “Bitwig”