Brass for linnstrument?

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm picking mine up today and one thing I really want to play with is Brass sounds. Something I want more of in my songs but want that linnstrument control. Wondering what you would recommend. This is to mix in rock/indie/pop. The Output Brass collection sounds amazing in a non-traditional way but I am not sure if it would excel with the linnstrument or if its just fine with a regular keyboard. I still may pick it up although it is a hefty investment. Just checking all my options. I don't really want orchestra brass since thats a bit to huge for what I am doing.

SWAM is working on a Brass collection but thats a year out. I don't think I want Sample Modelings Trumpet 3 since its just Trumpets.

What are you using?

If you want truly expressive and accurate solo trumpet, trombone, french horn and tuba from LinnStrument, nothing comes close to the Sample Modeling instruments for Kontakt because they are designed for control by expressive controllers instead of MIDI keyboards:

https://samplemodeling.com/en/products.php

I'm hearing a lot of confusing things about sample modeling and SWAM though. Seems certain sample modelling instruments are in breach of something or other. No idea whats going on. All I know is I want an instrument that will continue to be updated and it seems that the SWAM collection might be that. so I might hold off for their brass if there is nothing else out there. Not to mention that the prices add up real fast on all of these.

Sorry for the confusion. Sample Modeling originally made instruments that run within Kontakt. Then they started distributing the SWAM instruments, made by Stefano Lucato and Emanuele Parravicini, which use a different technology that runs without Kontakt. Recently the makers of the SWAM instruments stopped working with Sample Modeling and formed their new company Audio Modeling. But Sample Modeling still sells the Kontakt-based brass instruments, which are excellent. Here's a video of their Trumpet played on LinnStrument:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClNQjPdxPao

For expressive and authentic brass instruments played on LinnStrument, nothing comes close to Sample Modeling's brass because their technology is highly malleable and intended to be played by expressive controllers.

Thanks Roger. It definitely looks greats I will consider Trumpet 3.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”