Bank Select and Program Change

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

At https://www.rogerlinndesign.com/support ... l-settings I see:
The current Preset (program change) number is displayed in large digits. The range is 1 to 128, corresponding to MIDI Program Change numbers 0 to 127. To change the selected preset, slide your finger left or right. Or press the green Increment or red Decrement buttons in the upper left corner. As the number changes, MIDI Program Change messages will be sent.
But there is no mention of Bank Select. Am I missing it?

I'm assuming the answer is "no", but I was really hoping there was a way to also send Bank Select messages when changing presets.
Last edited by invisible_touch on Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sorry, I'm afraid there is no way to send MIDI Bank Select messages, which are Control Change #0. The reason for this omission is that Bank Select doesn't seem to be implemented on many synths. It seems that even Program Change is not implemented as much on newer synths these days. Perhaps people find it easier to select the sound on the synth itself, which offers the advantage of seeing the sound name instead of only a number.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”