Minor Bug With MidiFX AU NoraHarm / Nora in Logic

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is an oddly specific bug, and not a big deal, but I thought I'd report it:

In Logic Pro X 10.10.1 (running on Mavericks 10.9.5), if I add both NoraHarm and Nora to the same MidiFX chain (NoraHarm feeding into Nora), and then enter single notes in the piano roll to go through the chain, and then start the transport, everything will play fine, but when I stop the transport, the CPU meter will shoot up to max and stay there for several seconds before eventually going back down.

The problem only occurs when all of the above conditions are met. In other words, if I'm playing single notes "live" through NoraHarm (to create chords) and Nora, there's no problem. If I turn off NoraHarm and have Nora play through complete chords that I manually entered into the piano roll, there's no problem. If I play complete triad chords "live" through Nora (i.e., manually hitting all three notes, rather than using NoraHarm), there's no problem. The only problem is when I have both NoraHarm and Nora active and playing notes entered into the piano roll.

Yeah, it's pretty minor, and not really affecting my use of Nora at all. But still, for whatever it's worth, I just thought I'd let you know. And thank you for all your hard work with Nora -- I'm really enjoying it so far.

This bug is only related with NoraHarm. The old Nora engine were sending note offs to every note of each channel, that means 127 notes x 16 channels. They were a lot and some synths doesn't manage them easily.

However Nora 'panic' engine was redone in 2.2, but NoraHarm still had the same. We'll try to fix it as soon as possible, when we do some planned modifications in NoraHarm, but at the moment our focus is create some nice features in Nora. I'll place it in our To Do list :)

Return to “Squaredheads”