All things pedal related.

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bought a tc electronic pedal I was curious about for a long time: the Mimiq.
It emulates overdubbing, I suppose by adding slightly delayed copies of the original signal???
The mini version got a big price cut recently (I paid almost €28).
I cannot tell how good the Mimiq is at what it does (nor how it compares to the Keeley 30ms) but it seems potentially useful to me, in some situations.

cptgone wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:10 pm Bought a tc electronic pedal I was curious about for a long time: the Mimiq.
It emulates overdubbing, I suppose by adding slightly delayed copies of the original signal???
I cannot tell how good the Mimiq is at what it does (nor how it compares to the Keeley 30ms) but it seems potentially useful to me, in some situations.
Update: according to Andertons on Youtube, not a price cut but a discount - one to be earned in volume (Andertons bought a few thousand).
(Wasn't there another tc pedal that got a discount/price cut recently?)

Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

cptgone wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:31 pm
cptgone wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:10 pm Bought a tc electronic pedal I was curious about for a long time: the Mimiq.
Update: according to Andertons on Youtube, not a price cut but a discount - one to be earned in volume (Andertons bought a few thousand).
Damn, that's still a great deal! I use Hedra for these duties, but until I start using it with the DMC MicroPro, it's not that easy to make the preset switch.

elxsound wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:12 pm
Damn, that's still a great deal! I use Hedra for these duties, but until I start using it with the DMC MicroPro, it's not that easy to make the preset switch.
Well, it's much more expensive at Andertons (and the UK in general? And might Brexit be the reason Andertons arrives so late to the party?) and as I'm sure you know, the Mimiq is WAY more subtle than the Meris Hedra (in case anyone wonders).

Definitely! But that subtle effect is one of my favorites and the reason I almost got both the 30ms and Mimiq (before picking up Hedra). It's such a great sound. The 30ms has additional dip switches when you remove the backplate for the "pro" mode. Both sounded great from the videos I've seen, but I'm not allowed to go there (because of Hedra).

they're a behringer affiliate now, andertons i mean. tc have been for a while.

sorry, super partner, not affiliate.

vurt wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:44 pm sorry, super partner, not affiliate.
Indeed, so why are they a) late b) more expensive, compared to German shops?
I paid €28.88 (with free shipping to Belgium cause I spent over €25) which equals £24,87.

cptgone wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:05 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:44 pm sorry, super partner, not affiliate.
Indeed, so why are they a) late b) more expensive, compared to German shops?
I paid €28.88 (with free shipping to Belgium cause I spent over €25) which equals £24,87.
because the b word has f**ked our economy and getting shit in and out takes time now.
but we're not allowed to complain or we are unpatriotic.

I bought a used ThorpyFX Deep Oggin chorus/vibrato. It's been a while since I had vibrato or chorus in my huge chain, after kicking my Behringer vibrato and both my tc chorus pedals (Afterglow, Corona). All I had left in that department was my Fender Pinwheel rotary sim, the Deep Oggin seems a worthy and worthwile addition. Easy to get, sounds great, seems inspiring.

---
After a looong testride that may have seen me passing through faraway nebulae, I had another go at finding out what my favourite distortion is, and which (if any) I could do without.

As usual, I ended up noting perhaps the Boss Metal Core could go (just cause I don't like metal tone, it's a great pedal, just not voiced the way I like) and that I seem to prefer overdrives, fuzzy distortions and fuzzes.

And again, I can't bring myself to kick my Behringer clones of the Boss MD2 Mega Distortion and the HM2 Swedish chainsaw. If cheap originals pop up, I'll be tempted - a Youtube vid got me thinking those do sound a little better.

vurt wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:07 pm getting shit in and out takes time now.
I feel for you guys and girls in the UK, and for Andertons' Lee. He never wanted this to happen, still his business must be suffering. I've bought a few pedals from Andertons, their Youtube presence combined with big discounts must have landed them many overseas orders.

Their competitors at Gear4Music might be better off, as they already had a German warehouse to ship from before disasters struck.

cptgone wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:32 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:07 pm getting shit in and out takes time now.
I feel for you guys and girls in the UK, and for Andertons' Lee. He never wanted this to happen, still his business must be suffering. I've bought a few pedals from Andertons, their Youtube presence combined with big discounts must have landed them many overseas orders.

Their competitors at Gear4Music might be better off, as they already had a German warehouse to ship from before disasters struck.
yup, small business is f**ked.
or in his case, niche business.
still, blue passports so yay.

not a pedal, but...
do i need a 100 watt marshall head? :lol:

It might get loud enough to drown out the sound of traffic... and stun small animals. :hihi:

Return to “Guitars”