What's your dream guitar?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've got a decent number of guitars that fall into the dream category for me: '74 LP Standard (iced-tea burst), Duesenberg Starplayer TV (goldtop), several home-built strat- and tele-style guitars. But I still dream about a Martin HD-28V and a vintage Gretsch Tennessean (preferably one with the celluloid binding intact :wink: ).

I really want a Historic Collection 59 someday. It's the main guitar of one of my heroes.
A better tele would be great as well. Perhaps a Danocaster.

My collection, although dwindling, would be considered a 'dream' collection by many, including me. After all the GAS from 2007-2012, I've separated the wheat from the chaff, and will be down to 13 by the end of the summer.
I'm not big on vintage gear, but I would like to try out some old Martins and Gibsons. I wouldn't be the person to buy a collection of vintage gear, even if I had the money to blow.
But it's nice to have a bunch of guitars that A) don't fight me when I play B) make me happy and smile when I play them and C) have their own distinct tonal personalities. If they record well, that's a bonus.

EDIT: There was this guy back in Kyanada who sold re-furbished Macs. I went over one day to get a dial-up modem off him, and he pulled out an old D-28. Lacquer was checked and blistered, under pickguard crack fixed, I think the neck had been re-set and fretted, ahhh, but….
It was the sweetest acoustic guitar I've ever played. The kind you sell your soul for. Almost…. :hihi:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

I haven't really started dreaming about more guitars yet, but I saw a Chapman Rob Scallon signature model and it looks very nice indeed.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/guitar-dept ... ure-guitar

PRS S2 McCarty 594 Semi-Hollow

I've had several PRS Core models and my solid-body S2 594, built on 01/06/21, is my current #1. But I've always loved Semi-Hollow and Hollowbody guitars.

I stumbled upon my dream guitar before I knew it was my dream guitar- the 70s Ibanez SG knockoffs. Those things have a lot of character to them, especially with some flatwounds.

The 7-string I already own. But with better pickups.
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

The ESP E-II M-II 7B Baritone in Granite Sparkle equipped with an Evertune bridge and Fishman Fluence pickups!

Ovation Celebrity Elite Exotic in Caribbean blue.

I like the gretsch 6120 very much.

The Ibanez Meshuggah Signature M80M with that sweet Lundgren pickup. Still trying to make things work with an RG8 with a broken truss rod :/

I´m actually in love with the Fender pre-CBS era... That tone is incredible!

ESP ltd 401... I Just Love the Feeling that guitar gives me by playing it.
But for now it is to expensive for me.

Return to “Guitars”