Freestyle feedback

Official support for: newsonicarts.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank you! I've emailed. Hopefully an easy fix as this looks like it'll be an incredible improvement to my workflow!

Good to hear- yes Freestyle is special when it come to workflow.

i'm seeing quite a lot of my plugins not showing up after a vst scan with the beta, i've rescanned a quite a few times, all my plugins are in one folder,
i see the plugins gui's flash up onscreen for a second during the scan, but lots of those plugins are not there when the scan is finished
anyone else getting the same thing happening?
i'm on win10, lenovo thinkpad, 64 bit plugins

emef wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:51 pm i'm seeing quite a lot of my plugins not showing up after a vst scan with the beta, i've rescanned a quite a few times, all my plugins are in one folder,
i see the plugins gui's flash up onscreen for a second during the scan, but lots of those plugins are not there when the scan is finished
Have you tried doing a 'Refresh' (from right click menu in Plugin Browser)? This will do a second scan but with optimisations and thumbnail grabbing disabled. Do they show up after this?
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:38 am
emef wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:51 pm i'm seeing quite a lot of my plugins not showing up after a vst scan with the beta, i've rescanned a quite a few times, all my plugins are in one folder,

Have you tried doing a 'Refresh' (from right click menu in Plugin Browser)? This will do a second scan but with optimisations and thumbnail grabbing disabled. Do they show up after this?
just tried that, it didn't help, still not showing up

these are some of the main plugins i use that are missing
Aalto, Ephemere, Geist 1 and 2, Tremor, Dcam Amber, Strobe 1 and 2, Cypher 1 and 2, Circle 2, Microtonic, TAL Sampler, Virtual CZ

Those show up for me. Ha r you tried removing them from your plugin folder, rescanning, then putting them back and rescanning? Works sometimes for other hosts.

Are you sure you have the correct paths added?
For example, Aalto installs into a rather unusual path by default (C:/Program Files/Common Files/VST2)
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

so then, bit weird, i'd been scanning the vst's with Freestyle in Reaper, but then i thought i'd try scanning them in Cubase, they all scanned totally fine and they all load great now in Reaper and Cubase. problem solved

does anyone know if there's a way to sort the vst list by anything other than manufacturer? Just a simple a-z, z-a would be nice.

when i'm creating macros, using the Learn button is great, but when i want to add a second destination, the Learn button no longer works and i have to choose from contextual?

psynical wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 4:37 am when i'm creating macros, using the Learn button is great, but when i want to add a second destination, the Learn button no longer works and i have to choose from contextual?
You can keep adding more parameters to the same macro knob by hodling shift while clicking.

psynical wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 4:33 am does anyone know if there's a way to sort the vst list by anything other than manufacturer? Just a simple a-z, z-a would be nice.
You can organise by user-defined Category, although that is still a evaluation/beta-feature and needs to be enabled in the Setup dialog.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Just noticed that the top toolbar icons are offset over here for some reason. Like so:

May have happened in one of more recent betas?

That will be because you are using an edited stylesheet (to disable animations) and some of the properties have changed in recent releases. You will need to reset the sheet, then reapply your changes.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Ah ok! Yeah I definitely did disable those animations. But I guess it seems better to wait for a global option to disable them all, then - since stuff like this can happen. No ETA on that one, I suppose, though? :)

(Also shucks, I forgot how to get to that secret place :()

Return to “New Sonic Arts”