Freestyle Feature Requests

Official support for: newsonicarts.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Freestyle

First priority (which is largely implemented in our internal test build) is VST3 hosting.

Being a VST 3 itself not much of a priority at this time, but eventually, yeah.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Cool. At this point it's one of those things where I don't care what format something is, except that I know in the back of my mind that a thing I use in a project will be replaced eventually if it's a VST2. And I feel a twinge. ;)

1. Same behaviour of reordering "My Samples" categories like it's done in "My Presets" (I hope it's clear what I mean in the gif):

2. Ability to reorder tags horizontally, like it's done with fx in Nuance for example with Shift+Lmb drag, to prevent accidentally reordering tags when clicking on them (this would be great to have in Nuance itself as well):

newsonicarts wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:04 am First priority (which is largely implemented in our internal test build) is VST3 hosting.
Is it possible to test this with the current beta?

Internal test build != beta.

aquilyzer wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:23 pm Is it possible to test this with the current beta?
No but we hope to have it in public betas sometime later this year. But I can't confirm anything yet.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Hey. I know it has been requested before but I'm just wondering where in the priority list is PDC? For my purposes it is essential and I am just wondering if I should start looking elsewhere.

PDC is on the road map I know. Let me see if I can find out more info.

Hi,
In the structure view, if the plugins don't have guis then they appear completely anonymously (see attachment).
For example, if I'm using the pizMidi plugins, which have no gui, just parameters, I have to move out of structure view to see the names of them.
Could you add a name label?
Also, if the plugin has no gui then double clicking to open its interface does not work. You can only edit it by clicking the magnifier icon.
Could you add that ability for non-gui plugins too?
Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cousin_itt wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:16 am Hi,
In the structure view, if the plugins don't have guis then they appear completely anonymously (see attachment).
For example, if I'm using the pizMidi plugins, which have no gui, just parameters, I have to move out of structure view to see the names of them.
Could you add a name label?
Also, if the plugin has no gui then double clicking to open its interface does not work. You can only edit it by clicking the magnifier icon.
Could you add that ability for non-gui plugins too?
Thanks.
It's on to do list.

Snapshots feature is pretty handy, but I've found that it could take time to load snapshots which is a no go if using freestyle for live performance. The best implementation of snapshots that I've tried is in Gig Performer. Plugin parameters are assigned to widgets like macros, and the widget's state can be saved as a snapshot. This in my opinion is a more efficient way to do this. It's very quick to call up different parameters using their snapshots feature.

I also like think it would be great for the user to arrange and re-arrange the macros how they want to see it. I think it would be better to have all the macros visible on one page.

Lastly, all the parameters of Keysplit needs to be macro assignable. This is the case for the mixer, I don't know why this was overlooked for Keysplit. I would love to be able to use the "notes" toggle to mute the instruments in each layer without also muting the sustain. I've found that this is the smoothest, non-jarring way too mutes layered instruments. The option is already there, it just needs to be macro assignable

Just realized that the beta just introduced snapshots for macros. WOW! morph is pretty NEAT!

NwaGod wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:34 pm Snapshots feature is pretty handy, but I've found that it could take time to load snapshots which is a no go if using freestyle for live performance. The best implementation of snapshots that I've tried is in Gig Performer. Plugin parameters are assigned to widgets like macros, and the widget's state can be saved as a snapshot. This in my opinion is a more efficient way to do this. It's very quick to call up different parameters using their snapshots feature.
Of course, just recalling assigned parameters is faster than total recall of entire structure. So you are really comparing two very different things here..
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

This thing is amazing!!!

Been playing with it for a while before posting this.

Things that would make it a dream come true:

-Obviously, vst3 support.

-internal midi and cc routing between VST’s and devices. I don’t think you can currently route CC between VST’s in freestyle.

-Internal stereo and mono routing between devices

-allow encapsulated structures’ macro knobs to be assigned cc values. Basically allow encapsulates layers to have their own cc assignments. Currently, only the top layer’s macro knobs can be assigned CC’s. Hell, if possible allow individual vst parameters to be assigned cc’s in freestyle. Possibly from the vst quick view/parameter view (idk the proper term). This would allow a lot of modular capabilities.

-allow multiple midi cables to be connected to a VST’s midi in. Or have the option to add extra midi ins to a vst.

-create a setting where the cables or loose. Meaning, freestyle will not try to automatically organize the structure after devices and VST’s are connected.

-lastly, make the preset browser load the VST’s only after they been dropped. Seems like they are being loaded as soon as you try to click and start dragging. I’ve had several crashes loading large kontakt libraries because of this.

Other that those suggestions this Vst is the shhhhhhhhhh. Please listen to the users. New Sonic Arts struck gold.

pbu11ock wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:16 pm This thing is amazing!!!

Been playing with it for a while before posting this.

-create a setting where the cables or loose. Meaning, freestyle will not try to automatically organize the structure after devices and VST’s are connected.
This post has some tips for cabling..

viewtopic.php?f=300&t=533777

Return to “New Sonic Arts”