Vice 2.0 public beta released

Official support for: newsonicarts.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

newsonicarts wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:57 am Unfortunately there have been a couple errors that have 'complicated' things. First the 2.0 is only a public beta, it is still not officially released. Unfortunately the KVR annoucement failed to mention that.
Cheers, but I was originally responding to the email i received (subject "Vice 2.00 Now Available"), which starts "A new version of Vice is now available" and didnt mention that its was a beta.
Secondly while the initial 2.0 public beta email was sent out to registered beta testers only, then due to another error, a 2.0001 update email was sent to some users outside of the beta-tester group. That email only mentioned 2 minor fixes (since 2.0000) which would have been confusing for anyone who only received that email..
I honestly dont know whether Im a registered beta tester or not, but Ive had three Vice2 update emails since the first one. I get interim update notices for all Granite, Nuance, and Vice, including betas, but I assumed that was common to all users; Ive never 'registered; as a beta tester...
These 3 have referred to the updates as being betas, but as they follow the pattern of emails about previous product betas Ive had, that didnt clarify the V2 as not actually being a full release.
Later (and of course before the 2.0 is officially released), you will be also be able to get to the checkout page by a link within the user area, but that's not quite ready yet.
Cheers for that.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

newsonicarts wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:07 am RMX banks are a folder containing a data.xml file and then sub-folders for each preset.
To import the bank, you need to select that folder which contains the data.xml file.
Vice then converts all the presets into .vi files, at the selected destination folder.
That works for some 3rd party banks & my own saved patches but there doesn't seem to be an XML file associated with the core library or expansions from Spectrasonics?
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

pinki wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:08 pm Vice 2.0 is at the final stage before release.

49 euros for version 1 users. Also any purchases from now will receive a free upgrade and there will be a retroactive grace period (details to follow)...
Question, does buying the New Sonic Suite bundle of all 3 instruments on the Time&Space website qualifies as a new purchase of Vice, will I get a free upgrade to Vice 2, or that is reserved for individual purchases of the Vice and not when bought in the bundle or at reseller?

Simple and somewhat stupid question, common sense is telling "yes" is the answer but companies often don't have the same common sense as a user and I wanna be on the safe side with it.
I already asked NSA directly through email a day ago but so far no one responded, maybe I'll have better luck with it here

*EDIT: Got reply, in short: yes. Leaving it here in case someone else wonders that too in the near future

Return to “New Sonic Arts”