Our concept is rather simple: We kept the file browsing structure as it ever was. We added a text input field for searches. We added multi-coloured favourites and - often requested - "smart folders" that show these. We added an optional view which shows presets by tag. We improved all sorts of things. Hence:
It all works like it always did, with the tagged search added as an *option*.
These are the main new features:
- Multi-coloured favourites which appear in their respective folders
- Textual search (which is tricky in hosts that don't give us all keys... in FL/Reaper you need to allow Key input to plug-ins)
- Double-click a folder to change the scope of the browser and search within only that
- Special Tag-based view where any sort of tags can be combined
- Drag'n'Drop of folders (drag smart folders to create copies, e.g. for archives)
- Instead of just filenames etc. you can also search for tags using #. For instance, you can search for the tag "Bright" by typing #Bright.
- #Dark #Mono in search phrase finds all presets that have both tags "Dark" and "Mono".
- author:Howa finds all presets by authors that contain "Howa".
- name:, desc:, use: like above, searching filename, description field, usage field.
- "some thing" (in quotes) finds exact matches of "some thing", otherwise all searches also find partial matches.
- Howa #favourite 1 #mono will find all presets that have a word containing Howa in the name, author, description or usage text and that are marked as favourite 1 and have the mono tag.
- #Basses:Acoustic will find all presets that have the tag Basses:Acoustic.
https://uhedownloads-heckmannaudiogmb.n ... er_WIP.pdf
Get Repro V1.1 beta from here:
Repro-5 public beta (Repro V1.1)
Test Preset Browser in Repro-1 (Repro-5 does not come with thoroughly tagged presets yet)
We'll be happy to hear your thoughts. We know that it is a complex topic. We also know that it'll be impossible to make everyone happy. U-he is 15 people and we have 15 different opinions about these things. In the end we have to find a compromise that works.
Browser 2.0 - selection of known issues:
- Possible crash when exiting Komplete Kontrol after using preset save dialog
- Possible crash when using MIDI learn while on the preset browser page
- Possible crash when trying to load script presets
- Folder highlighting after saving searches not consistent
- Junked presets always visible in some smart folders
- Graphic glitches while using preset browser & Velvet at same time
- Graphic glitches in directory and in preset inspector (display overflowing)
- Some small issues with preset restore function
- When working on multiple projects in parallel, a refresh might be needed to sync all instances
- Cut, copy, paste in search text input field not working in some hosts
- In some hosts (e.g. Reaper), one needs to activate ‘send all keys to plugin’ option. Hint: Shift-space might work to insert spaces in the search field
- Mac only - 32bit VST2 will open floating window for search text input field
- Win only - Sonar hangs when using Tab key in search text input field
- Win only - issue with mouse and search text input field in ProTools
- Win only - random short flashes while entering text in search text input field