Repro 5 beta issue still present in FL Studio

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi. The issue I reported here is still present in FL Studio:
Something weird going on with the HS Edge Nine preset in the Pads folder. If I play the preset without the DAW playing, it sounds fine. When I hit play on the DAW the preset sounds like it becomes affected by some fast modulation of some sort, making it sound bad. I'm pretty sure it's not intended. Using the 64 bit VST 2 version of Repro 5 in FL Studio 12.5.1. 64 bit, Windows 10.
The issue is most obvious in the 08 Pads - Synths - ARK Binary Organ preset.

The bug was noted by tasmaniandevil here.
Yikes, always trouble with FL Studio. Yep, there is something wrong with Repro-5's sample&hold in FL Studio. It sounds like the s&h runs on a much too high frequency while FL Studio plays. Very weird, thanks a lot for spotting. I'll make a ticket for this, so we can check out what's going on there next week.
This renders certain presets and types of preset unusable in FL Studio. Any word yet on a fix?

No fix yet.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Indeed.

Has anyone reported the issue to Image-Line ? Much better to get both sides involved if there are issues with a particular plugin and DAW.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

We started to look into it but couldn't yet find the cause. It seemes there might be a misunderstanding as to how the host proceeds the song position between render calls, as by the interpretation of the standard by IL and us. That said, we're not sure what's going on and we'll probably know in a few weeks.

So far we always thought that "fixed buffer size" would do the trick, but alas, looks like it doesn't.

Can easily be a bug on our side, hence wouldn't wanna point fingers just yet.

Bump. Many patches still unusable in FL Studio. Any closer to a fix?

Vortifex wrote:Bump. Many patches still unusable in FL Studio. Any closer to a fix?

So strange. Im using repro 5 quite alot in flstudio and it doesnt give any problems. Are you using 20.0.3 (released few days ago) ?

Elektronisch wrote:
Vortifex wrote:Bump. Many patches still unusable in FL Studio. Any closer to a fix?

So strange. Im using repro 5 quite alot in flstudio and it doesnt give any problems. Are you using 20.0.3 (released few days ago) ?
Yes. Do this: Load the ARK Binary Organ patch. Play while no pattern or song is playing. The patch is fine. Now hit play, and play the patch again. Hear what happens to the patch. It's not just that patch, btw.

Vortifex wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:

Yes. Do this: Load the ARK Binary Organ patch. Play while no pattern or song is playing. The patch is fine. Now hit play, and play the patch again. Hear what happens to the patch. It's not just that patch, btw.
Cant check now eaxctly that patch but never happened something like this and i use repro 5 quite often ever since it came out. Only thing i can think of is your midi keyboars velocity setting is different then the one in piano roll and alot of repro patches use velocity modulation.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's a known bug, it happens when you set the LFO rate to host sync and let the host play.
As Urs already wrote in this thread, we are not sure if it's a bug in our plugin, or a bug in how FL Studio handles these things. FL Studio is the only host where this happens, so they certainly must be doing something completely different than all the other host manufacturers.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

tasmaniandevil wrote:It's a known bug, it happens when you set the LFO rate to host sync and let the host play.
As Urs already wrote in this thread, we are not sure if it's a bug in our plugin, or a bug in how FL Studio handles these things. FL Studio is the only host where this happens, so they certainly must be doing something completely different than all the other host manufacturers.
So i tested that It works here but its because i use the same fix as the with Hive lfo being on high rate. Set Use Fixed Size Buffers and other 2 options within (process maximum buffer). Downside of that is then during offline rendering latency is not compensated, but as far as im aware IL is working on fixing the case with PDC so plugins that require to use fixed size buffers will be rendered properly in sync.

Elektronisch wrote:So i tested that It works here but its because i use the same fix as the with Hive lfo being on high rate. Set Use Fixed Size Buffers and other 2 options within (process maximum buffer).
This was the thing which usually worked as a workaround for such issues in FL Studio.
Unfortunately, it does not help in this case, at least not over here.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

tasmaniandevil wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:So i tested that It works here but its because i use the same fix as the with Hive lfo being on high rate. Set Use Fixed Size Buffers and other 2 options within (process maximum buffer).
This was the thing which usually worked as a workaround for such issues in FL Studio.
Unfortunately, it does not help in this case, at least not over here.
Did you checked all 3 marks (there is a drop down menu on the right on "fixed size buffers") because that fixed that patch problem for me.

Return to “u-he”