Any Chance of modules for VCV Rack?

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In the 20-30 USD range...

Nice Filter (maybe from Diva, selectable) and maybe some of those new fx :tu:

Its such a great platform, I am spending more and more time with it....I have already nought about 80 bucks of stuff, I think if someone like UHE got behind it this open source platform would get some great publicity and lift it to the next level :tu:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live+PUSH 3 Standalone, Reason, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

urs doesn't believe in vector graphics :D
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Except they do use vector elements on their GUIs. :P

he said "no" in the other thread.

well, not "no," but he said he didn't like vcv at all.

sleepcircle wrote:he said "no" in the other thread.

Well, I don't see any revenue stream, nor do I see how it's good for our business in any way. I only see that e.g. Bazille seems expensive in comparison, hence if VCV becomes the new standard in sw modulars, we can bury our own efforts.

EvilDragon wrote:Except they do use vector elements on their GUIs. :P
No they do not.

You can actually argue if these were created as vectors in their infancy but they are all bitmaps in final product. If you think he is using vectors because you can enlarge GUI well it's a clever trick on their side. They rendered big bitmaps.

I wish everyone do it like they do.

Well, they do/can. Knobs in Triple Cheese and old Zebra 2 GUI are all vectors, for example. So they combine raster and vector graphics, basically. And drzhnn's Redux GUI is using more vector elements than raster ones, again for example. u-he framework does allow for vector stuff happening. It's not that I "think" they do vector GUIs, I know they aren't fully vector. It's a combination of the two, well, at least it used to be.
Last edited by EvilDragon on Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Urs wrote:
sleepcircle wrote:he said "no" in the other thread.

Well, I don't see any revenue stream, nor do I see how it's good for our business in any way. I only see that e.g. Bazille seems expensive in comparison, hence if VCV becomes the new standard in sw modulars, we can bury our own efforts.
All I know is I won't be trading Bazille for VCVR anytime soon. From a workflow standpoint they're so different that I barely consider them to be in the same category of instrument. Bazille has predefined modules but is much, much easier to work with (plugin rather than bridged standalone application, undo/redo, nice preset browser, most stuff compactly arranged on one page, etc.). VCVR has unlimited modules and more modules to work with but is much less convenient to integrate into your setup and lacks most of the nice workflow things Bazille has.

Greenstorm33 wrote: All I know is I won't be trading Bazille for VCVR anytime soon. From a workflow standpoint they're so different that I barely consider them to be in the same category of instrument. Bazille has predefined modules but is much, much easier to work with (plugin rather than bridged standalone application, undo/redo, nice preset browser, most stuff compactly arranged on one page, etc.). VCVR has unlimited modules and more modules to work with but is much less convenient to integrate into your setup and lacks most of the nice workflow things Bazille has.
Yup, and I have my doubts VCVR will ever get there, either.

Current state of ZebraHZ UI is all vector for module backgrounds...

... and Bazille sounds a bazillion times better than any Rack’s modules I’ve tested.
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

Point me to an u-he plugin with vector graphics .
U-he uses scalable png images .
I asked him a couple of years ago why wouldn't opt for V.G. , his reply was they didn't believe in it .. was unsure it would sell
AFAIK , some of the better plugin developers are using vector graphics
-Madrona labs
-Cytomic
-Tal
-Valhalla
Gues he just loves 'faux wood ' to much
Eyeball exchanging

nilhartman wrote:... and Bazille sounds a bazillion times better than any Rack’s modules I’ve tested.
Bazille sounds great , same goes for some vcv modules .
There is an amazing amount of talented developers doing great work or it .
The vult modules filters , the mutable/audible stuff + some hetrick + michael lueders modules will take you into directions bazille can't .
Unless polyphony is your prime concern
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote:
Point me to an u-he plugin with vector graphics .
Read my previous post. I said they use a COMBINATION OF BOTH. i.e. the old Zebra 2 GUI used vectors for knobs, Triple Cheese as well. And ^^^ Urs regarding new ZHZ skin. Also BTW, the grid module in Zebra is purely a vector element, doesn't use any graphics on its own (background notwithstanding, but that's a part of a bigger pane).

gentleclockdivider wrote:Gues he just loves 'faux wood ' to much
i am certain that's not the reason.

Return to “u-he”