Update Nov 27/28: We released Z2.9
Update Nov 26: We fixed a few leftover bugs and removed slow drawing bitmap graphics from large editors.
We're happy to announce that Zebra version 2.9 is coming soon! The official release is scheduled for the end of November, the update will be free for existing Zebra2 owners.
Zebra 2.9 introduces NKS support and macOS 10.15 Catalina compatibility. We also tagged the Zebra2 and Zebrify factory patch libraries, and we added X/Y pad control for countless variations per preset.
To celebrate the new version, Zebra2 will be available at a 30% discount until Dec. 4th. Head over to the product page and purchase Zebra2 now!
And since the release coincides with Black Friday, we decided to also offer something to our existing customers who may already own Zebra2. If you have at least one commercial u-he product currently registered, request an email on the My Licenses page now, and you will receive a personal coupon code for a 30% discount in our online store, also valid till Dec. 4th.
More info & fineprint: https://u-he.com/news/#black-friday-zebra2-nks-11-21
Here are the beta downloads:
Note: Linux builds will be posted in coming weeks, we're still incorporating some recent changes into them.
- Urs & team
Mini changelog von 9421 > 9436:
- improved GUI performance
- fixed issue when using dots in preset names
- fixed issue with right-click in preset browser
- some adjustments to Zebralette presets
Here are the changes since the last release, rev. 7422:
- Mac installer notarized (Catalina)
- NKS support for Zebra2 and Zebrify
- Added tags
- Factory presets all "XY-ified"
- Two new oscillator effects (DX, Smear)
- Browser: file system drag&drop support
- Browser: import/export of favourite assignments
- VST3 MIDI learn working
- Windows installer improvements
- Full UTF-8 support for installation paths
- Mac installer improved to prevent permission issues
- Improved GUI response time on some Macs running Mojave (sluggish GUI)
- Windows GUI performance improved (less CPU load with open GUI)
- Sustain pedal now working according to standard (0-63 = off, 64-127 = on)
- Fixed an issue where some oscillator effect combinations would lead to silence
- Fixed an issue where parameters could take over XY value from previous preset
- Fixed an issue where Microtuning & low notes could lead to problems
- Fixed an issue with the arp when not receiving MIDI note-off events
- Fixed an issue with the MSEG in single trigger mode
- Fixed rare crash when reopening old host projects
- Fixed rare issue where newly imported presets would not show up
- Fixed multiple graphics glitches in VCF module
- Fixed a glitch when trying to adjust MSEG mod depth in Zebrify
- Fixed wrong link to ZebraHZ presets folder (Windows only)
- Various other fixes and improvements
- No Linux version yet
- Crash when trying to load script presets (e.g. Randomizer)
- MSEG graphics glitch in the fill gradient (Windows only)
- Main display context menu needs plugin focus to work (Apple issue)
**** ZebraHZ & soundsets ****
ZebraHZ will be updated as well at some point; all u-he soundbanks for Zebra2 will be reworked with full XY assignments throughout 2020 - that's the plan. ZebraHZ with full support for Catalina is expected in December 2019/January 2020 but it will not yet have NKS support, nor be tagged and fully XY-assigned. Instead, it will have a few additions requested by HZ.
Furthermore, we would like to encourage all 3rd party sound designers to update their preset with XY assignments.