modplug tracker sources

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

it IS far from anything decent :)

hey soma... so I've been looking at Tobybear's waveiox component for handling wav file import, and now I'm becoming interested in making somewhat of a sampler. I'm thinking a step sequencer, but with effects that are essentially like a tracker. My main reason for loving tracking is because it's great for programming chopped up drums. I have found nothing that works as effeciently. So I got to thinking, what about a massive step sequencer that has paramter controls for each step that operate like the effects column in a tracker. Maybe weird stuff too like, each step having an option for independent loop points for a single sample.. and independent pitch control per step. Hmmm...

I'm just thinking out loud at this point. I dunno how difficult of a task this might in fact be. I'm gonna keep researching it. :wink:
ModuLR / Radio

ModuLR: please write the VSTi tracker-style sampler that soma suggested! a tracker interface is so much more flexible and quick than a step sequencer.

i'll beta-test it for you, suggest features, anything! this plugin is the one thing i really, really want right now! i'm on my knees here :help:

A little OT:

Jaltoh,
Your plug 'phasetrauma' unfortunately crashes in PlogueBidule & Audiomulch
immediately after being integrated in a signalchain.
(From the Bidule Logfile: jphasetrauma caused a Unknown Exception.)
It' a pity, cause this one looks very interesting.

Cheers,
Tobias.

Hi tl thanks for downloading. What procesor do you own?
Ive upped another build please try again the same link

ModuLR i have already invested some lines in a tracker VCL maybe it will save you some typing. Im using Midi typ2 as internal format and a bit modified third party component for the midi file IO (ripped of PowerSequencerPro's sources). The tracker itself is still derived from Borland's grid which amkes it slow for drawing but im planning to move it to Graphics32 (a faster free graphics library for D/BCB) which is already what im using in the previous two plugins. After I do some cleaning to it this weekend ill upload it

Mod- Cool! But as some one here said I think if you and Jaltoh_ made a tracker vst you would really get a lot praise and thanks. Maybe you could make the same sampler/sequencer with two different ways of viewing the info, a tracker, and a step sequencer!

Wow. That sounds interesting! Well, whenever you make it available, I'd love to check it out! :D I'm kinda sketching out ideas at the moment on paper in a attempt to size up how much of a task this might be. If I actually start working on something, you are more than welcome to ths source as well. 8)

BTW, what is your impression of the DIB components for handling graphics?
ModuLR / Radio

it is faster than DDB. Otono and Phasetrauma's GUI are done with Graphics32 which also has some MMX optimisations for color blending and such. Take a look a thttp://g32.org

edit

I think i misunderstood You. You mean DIBControls from droopyeyes.de. I used them when I downloaded the vst template from Tobybears site but Graphics32 seems much cleaner and better documented

Hi.

The new phasetrauma version still crashes.
Otono works without problems.

My processor's an Athlon2100+XP.

Cheers,
Tobias.

Cellular in case you didnt know You can connect Buzz to another vst host by using Thalamus (midi only). Just dont forget to run it in silent mode so it wont interfere with the other hosts drivers. You can also connect to a program like Audiomulch but it will have to go thru regular midi ports which will introduce some lag and instability

@tl:
OK thanks I'll see.

jaltoh_ wrote:Cellular in case you didnt know You can connect Buzz to another vst host by using Thalamus (midi only). Just dont forget to run it in silent mode so it wont interfere with the other hosts drivers. You can also connect to a program like Audiomulch but it will have to go thru regular midi ports which will introduce some lag and instability
thanks for the tip, but i really want to keep my work in one environment, and buzz is, although being a wonderful environment, very unstable. i'll probably go the export-to-wav-route, (which i'm already doing in moving my buzz projects into tracktion), but a tracker vsti would be heaven.

ModuLR wrote:I was looking at the code to see how it handled the tracker interface. A VST with a tracker interface is something I've been thinking about too. However, I'd probably loose the sampler aspects alltogether.. and make it a pure midi plugin that triggers other VSTi's and handles midi-CC. :wink:
Isn't it what Psycle does already ? And it is open-source too... So maybe it would be easier to wrap psycle into a vsti...

'Tick

I've been diging thru all sorts of tracker code as of late.. trying to make sense of it all. That's the hardest part for me at least... making sense of other people's code, so I dunno how sucessful I'd be at wrapping it. Especially since everything is C++, and I much prefer delphi. :(

Anyway, I just took a dive back in buzz and renoise, and damn I miss the whole tracker environment. Where is Arguru's cyberride? I remember seeing pics of it! It looked like it was functional.. almost like slamming aodix right into a VSTi!

Oh well, I'm still writting down stuff. But, now I'm thinking with toby's waveiox.. having a sampler would definately be a possibility. Maybe we need an open source tracker VST project.
ModuLR / Radio

LOL @ soma You a trakka to da bewn :D

Polac / Xlutop is working on a vst wrapper for Psycle read this
http://psycle.pastnotecut.org/thread.ph ... 23f0f406de

:o
ModuLR / Radio

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”