Will Native Instruments release a JUCE framework alternative?

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Would be cool. Specially if they included some NKS integration. Just saying 🙂

Is this just a rumour?

Kinda, a wish :)

Why?

Having more choices.

You never know, but I highly doubt it. Although they do have a Github account, and they've published some OS code, they're too much of a commercial machine. I just had to leave their forum because of some long time users wanting to berate me for even suggesting open-source.
Plus if you really read into their forums you will see the general consensus is that Maschine is not a DAW, so you better off sticking with Tracktion.

I will say that they use very permissive licensing on OS code, so they did release something it would probably be better in that regard.

Probably not gonna happen.

Yup, but look at Microsoft for example. 10 years ago nobody would have think of them supporting open source but they own github now for example.

discoDSP wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:01 pm but they own github now for example.
It does not mean they support it though. Who knows what they want to do with it and why they own it.

kmonkey wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:24 pm
discoDSP wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:01 pm but they own github now for example.
It does not mean they support it though. Who knows what they want to do with it and why they own it.
In my opinion keeping it alive equals to supporting it.

JUCE is a partially open-source cross-platform C++ application framework
What the f**k is a "partially open source" cross platform application. It's either "open source" or its not, otherwise it's for profit and freemium shit. f**king millenial startup mother f**ker bullshit.

(Sorry, i can't help it, old time Unix/Linux guy who was weened on Eric Raymonds philosophy. My Id came out. i have to send it back to the back of the brain.)

🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:30 pmWhat the f**k is a "partially open source" cross platform application. It's either "open source" or its not, otherwise it's for profit and freemium shit. f**king millenial startup mother f**ker bullshit.
Want some Valium? :hihi:

discoDSP wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:39 pm
telecode wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:30 pmWhat the f**k is a "partially open source" cross platform application. It's either "open source" or its not, otherwise it's for profit and freemium shit. f**king millenial startup mother f**ker bullshit.
Want some Valium? :hihi:
sorry. i couldn't help it. that just bust out like a flow of lava out of my brain. :x

there were these dick f**ks from Sun Microsystems who wrote this book that I recall reading were i saw the seeds of strategy of commercialization of opensource into the mainstream. i still have it somewhere. don't forget, Sun were milking the marketplace for all it was worth with regurgitated Unix technology in their products while the rest of the *BSD crowd which I was part of were watching and couldn't believe what they were getting away with.

https://www.amazon.ca/Innovation-Happen ... 1558608893

note: i have no idea what JUCE is , but it looks intriguing.

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:30 pm
Not sure where that quote comes from but JUCE is open source. I think what they meant to say is JUCE is dual licensed.

Dozius wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:29 pm
telecode wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:30 pm
Not sure where that quote comes from but JUCE is open source. I think what they meant to say is JUCE is dual licensed.
the quote is from their wikipedia entry.

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”