macOS SDK version for M1

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I checked out the SHA256 support. It seems that signing with it is supported since OSX 10.11.4 (March 21, 2016 ).
Im am using an Mac M1 Mini with XCode 12 for the newer builds.
Since it is not economic for me to create several builds and I do not want to mess around with SHA1 or Catalina, 10.11.4 will be the minimum system requirement in the future.

Markus Krause wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:42 am Is there something simple like the 'Editor' in Windows? It just needs to be able to edit config files properly.
It's a shame that the Mac OS does not come with something essential like this.
Maybe try VSCode. It's pretty good on macos and also comes with a ton of filetype plugins. Usually it suggests to you the proper plugin to be installed after you opened a new file type. All for free.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:47 pm Maybe try VSCode. It's pretty good on macos and also comes with a ton of filetype plugins. Usually it suggests to you the proper plugin to be installed after you opened a new file type. All for free.
Seconded, I use it daily.

Markus Krause wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:42 am Is there something simple like the 'Editor' in Windows? It just needs to be able to edit config files properly.
It's a shame that the Mac OS does not come with something essential like this.
Really, just open text files in Xcode. It's text editor is fine. I use it for text editing, html editing as well as coding. If you want a separate program, go for the free version BBEdit (was TextWrangler) here:

https://www.barebones.com/products/bbedit/download.html

I've used it for years and years and I can't live without it. The only thing TextEdit is good for is opening RTFs, and even then, I'll use something else if I can. It's that bad! :lol:
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Apple just fixed the mess with productsign and codesign!
It looks like they reintroduced SHA-1 on both plugins and installers.

A test build I just made on Big Sur 11.3 (Silicon/M1) works perfectly on both OS X 10.9 and 10.10. I'm going to test 10.11 asap. That's great news, we can finally move our build machine to Big Sur Silicon!

You can read more here:
https://forum.juce.com/t/upgraded-to-bi ... r/42812/42
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

Excellent news :)

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”