Is this software dead?

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jackoo wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:30 pm
satchnut wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:29 pm
jackoo wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:18 am Another app that is said to bridge vst3 is DDMF Metaplugin, but I haven't tried it. This might also be an option, because you only need one tool. It is both a host (modular as Element) and includes a built-in bridger (32-64bit, or vice versa, or vst3 to vst2).
IIRC, I tried this before and couldn’t get Metaplugin to bridge 32-/64-bit — otherwise I would have bought it by now. :P
Sorry to hear it doesn't work :(
As far as I read on their webpage they added the possibility to run 64bit plugins in 32bit hosts relatively recently. In the beginning it was only allowing 32bit plugins in 64bit hosts. How long ago did you make the test? Maybe it has improved :)
Just tested the latest ver. Apparently it can’t do (some? any?) x86/x64 and VST2/3 conversion at the same time (I tried a 32-bit VST3 against a 64-bit VST2 host). Seems like a nice plugin, but jBridge + Polac’s VST3 bridge (or element, though it’s a bit unstable right now) seems an easier and more cost-effective route for simple bridging.

(EDIT: VSTHost + Legree method proving not as smooth as jBridge + Element method)

VSTHost of course can bridge in any combination. Gonna try it next with the Legree VST slave-master (and it even can utilize jBridge!) for an all-in-one solution for quick foreign-plugin hosting.

Thanks much, jackoo for the information - I'll check it out.
Regards,
SWTrex
"Sometimes I think of Abraham...
How one star he saw had been lit for me"

Return to “energyXT”