Gobbler ?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sooooooo

Tempted to get a monthly Sub for EL Arouser so I can play around with it and not worry about the demo period.

I have Softube and understand that if you purchase their licences the Gobbler app isnt required.

Do Subs require the Gobbler app or do you receive an iLok activation code and it just needs depositing in your account and your Gobbler membership takes care of the billing?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I beleive I found the answer, feel free to confrim this though.

Looks like having iLok Manager is enough an the Gobbler app isnt required
You also need to have either Gobbler 2.0 or ILM (iLok License Manager) installed on that computer.

I use Gobbler for Softube, a Relab sub and up until just this week, a Kush sub. I’m no authority, but I think you still need Gobbler to refresh your monthly authorization on your iLok. I’ve never had trouble with the Gobbler app on Win10. It renames plug installers with a hash so they’re not easily found, and new purchases tend to be setup in a pokey fashion, but otherwise unobtrusive.
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

Thanks

I really dont want some unnecessary app, iLok is as far as Ill go.
Ive had Splice as I went for the Serum Sub but as of next month itll be paid off and I can finally uninstall it.

Nevermind, not that I need another compressor really and I have a couple of Distressor-likes already from Sknote and Sly-Fy.

Screw Gobbler :evil:

cturner wrote:I use Gobbler for Softube, a Relab sub and up until just this week, a Kush sub. I’m no authority, but I think you still need Gobbler to refresh your monthly authorization on your iLok. I’ve never had trouble with the Gobbler app on Win10. It renames plug installers with a hash so they’re not easily found, and new purchases tend to be setup in a pokey fashion, but otherwise unobtrusive.

Wait what? Never needed or installed gobbler. ilok does the refresh. Why so many people still thinks gobbler does anything beyond payment and depositing ilok license.
VariKusBrainZ wrote:Thanks

Ive had Splice as I went for the Serum Sub but as of next month itll be paid off and I can finally uninstall it.

Nevermind, not that I need another compressor really and I have a couple of Distressor-likes already from Sknote and Sly-Fy.

cturner wrote:I use Gobbler for Softube, a Relab sub and up until just this week, a Kush sub. I’m no authority, but I think you still need Gobbler to refresh your monthly authorization on your iLok. I’ve never had trouble with the Gobbler app on Win10. It renames plug installers with a hash so they’re not easily found, and new purchases tend to be setup in a pokey fashion, but otherwise unobtrusive.

Cool

I didnt think it was required but wanted to double check :tu:
softska wrote:Wait what? Never needed or installed gobbler. ilok does the refresh. Why so many people still thinks gobbler does anything beyond payment and depositing ilok license.
VariKusBrainZ wrote:Thanks

softska wrote:ilok does the refresh.
Ah, Ok. I’ll sign out and see what happens. Thanks.
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

I'm using it on OSX has it works painlessly but on my win 7 install, I had 32 bits installed (modular,heartbeat, saturation knob) and when I installed Live 10 64 bit, I tried to install the 64 bit version of them and gobbler just pretty much screwed everything up. I uninstalled everything and just downloaded them from softube by hand. Seems that using both 32 bit and 64 at the same time was not viable. Anyway, maybe it just happened to me but bye bye Gobbler. For a set of plugins, why do I need softube, gobbler and Ilok? It's ridiculous.
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

First up I hate Gobbler. I had no problems with Softube for many years but now I have had a plethora of installation, registration and uninstall problems. To unravel this mess I need to go through Gobbler as that is where I am directed by support. I have been dealing with one issue now since before Christmas and Softube have handed me over to the wonderful Gobbler team to assist. So, to summarize, I hate Gobbler. To answer the question, no you don't need Gobbler as there are ways around that, but if you have problems, you will need to involve Gobbler as the official method of plugin management and in my opinion that is where the problems will (potentially and IMO) start.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Fyi
I ended up buying Arouser as JRR had it on sale.
Gobbler not required, just an impediment.

Thanks for the replies

Avoid gobbler. Very buggy. Read on Gearslutz quite a lot of people have weird issues, they can not open sessions, charged without authorization or asking for payment, looping between pages and things like that. For some it just works for some it is a nightmare.

CEO of gobbler jump here and there on GS threads and it looks like someone told him "you need to show up there for better company image" but that's it. As soon as someone ask him about real troubles CEO vanish.

I am guessing but i am quite sure that even Steven Slate is working on his own in house solution.

Anyway avoid.

morelia wrote:First up I hate Gobbler. I had no problems with Softube for many years but now I have had a plethora of installation, registration and uninstall problems. To unravel this mess I need to go through Gobbler as that is where I am directed by support. I have been dealing with one issue now since before Christmas and Softube have handed me over to the wonderful Gobbler team to assist. So, to summarize, I hate Gobbler. To answer the question, no you don't need Gobbler as there are ways around that, but if you have problems, you will need to involve Gobbler as the official method of plugin management and in my opinion that is where the problems will (potentially and IMO) start.
I'm in the same boat. I love Softube plugins but switching from iLok to Gobbler was a very bad idea. I don't want another app running in the background as I already have too many. My iLok is used with other products so I don't want to uninstall it. It's a shame because Softube plugins are so good.

You dont need to install the gobbler app

VariKusBrainZ wrote:You dont need to install the gobbler app
Correct, unless as I said you have problems and require support, in which case you may be required to install it to sort said problems out.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”